Author Topic: Emperor penguin ESA listing in 2022 used Antarctic sea ice models known to be flawed  (Read 176 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Emperor penguin ESA listing in 2022 used Antarctic sea ice models known to be flawed
Posted on January 30, 2023 |
ESA listing in 2022 used Antarctic sea ice models known to be flawed

While Arctic sea ice has declined remarkably since 1979, Antarctic ice has been unexpectedly stable. Experts acknowledge that existing climate models–which assume that CO2 emissions drive global sea ice loss–had predicted Antarctic sea ice would have declined over the last several decades–and would decline even more in the future. They’ve finally admitted they were wrong.

John Turner (British Antarctic Survey) and Josifino Comiso (NASA) in a NATURE paper in 2017:

“Current climate models struggle to simulate the seasonal and regional variability seen in Antarctic sea ice.“

A new model released earlier this year suggests the virtually stable Antarctic sea ice cover that has existed over the last four decades can now be expected to continue for almost another three decades, until at least 2050, and decline only slowly after that (Rackow et al. 2022).

https://polarbearscience.com/2023/01/30/emperor-penguin-esa-listing-in-2022-used-antarctic-sea-ice-models-known-to-be-flawed/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji