Author Topic: It's Time for the Scientific Community to Admit We Were Wrong About COVID and It Cost Lives  (Read 252 times)

Offline Hoodat

It's Time for the Scientific Community to Admit We Were Wrong About COVID and It Cost Lives

KEVIN BASS , MS MD/PHD MEDICAL STUDENT  |  1/30/23 AT 8:00 AM EST

s a medical student and researcher, I staunchly supported the efforts of the public health authorities when it came to COVID-19. I believed that the authorities responded to the largest public health crisis of our lives with compassion, diligence, and scientific expertise. I was with them when they called for lockdowns, vaccines, and boosters.

I was wrong. We in the scientific community were wrong. And it cost lives.

I can see now that the scientific community from the CDC to the WHO to the FDA and their representatives, repeatedly overstated the evidence and misled the public about its own views and policies, including on natural vs. artificial immunity, school closures and disease transmission, aerosol spread, mask mandates, and vaccine effectiveness and safety, especially among the young. All of these were scientific mistakes at the time, not in hindsight. Amazingly, some of these obfuscations continue to the present day.

But perhaps more important than any individual error was how inherently flawed the overall approach of the scientific community was, and continues to be. It was flawed in a way that undermined its efficacy and resulted in thousands if not millions of preventable deaths.  .  .

https://www.newsweek.com/its-time-scientific-community-admit-we-were-wrong-about-coivd-it-cost-lives-opinion-1776630
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Well, it's a nice first step, but it lacks any acknowledgement of accountability for the culpable actions that were taken.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I loved it in Jan/Feb 2020 when "scientists" claimed that Covid-19/SARS2 only spread on surfaces; it was said that it was not "air borne."

"We don't know yet" was the correct answer.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 09:02:52 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
No mention of the attempts to discredit early onset treatments with skewed studies giving partial regimens to late stage patients...some seriously bad science.

The dogmatic approach that only a "vaccine" would stop COVID is to blame, but underlying that are far more base motives.

We need our public health people to be scientists first, and to keep the health of the public foremost.
Had that been the case HIV/AIDS might have been stopped in its tracks, too.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis