Author Topic: Trump ramps up his war on 'Ron DeSanctimonious'  (Read 2391 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Trump ramps up his war on 'Ron DeSanctimonious'
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2023, 10:07:14 pm »
DeSantis also has the advantage of a GOP controlled legislature and is governor of what is now a solidly red state. Those advantages go away should he win the Presidency

Fair point.  On the other hand, his name isn't yet toxic in a bunch of states that will be electing Senators in 2024, nor does he enjoy needlessly alienating swing votes just because it amuses him.  In other words, I think he's more likely to be able to being a GOP Congress, and more likely to develop positive relationships with members of Congress, than is Trump.  Who seems to revel in pissing off people whose support he may later need.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2023, 12:11:21 am »
Is Ron the man to fix our National mess? I don’t know. But if he were to govern the country with the same ability and talent he’s governed Fla, we could experience a turn around such as we had with another President named “Ron”

DeSantis is far more 'Reagan-esque', in both tone and stature... And he didn't have to steal slogans for that appearance. I think the Conservative mantle fits him, neatly and naturally, without being forced...

So far, I have found nothing to change my mind... I will vote for this guy.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2023, 12:52:36 am »
DeSantis is far more 'Reagan-esque', in both tone and stature... And he didn't have to steal slogans for that appearance. I think the Conservative mantle fits him, neatly and naturally, without being forced...

So far, I have found nothing to change my mind... I will vote for this guy.

:thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2023, 01:33:07 am »
He doesn't have Reagan's easy charisma -- who does? --  but he's absolutely wicked smart.   The stuff Reagan could do because of his ability to communicate, DeSantis can do because he figures out the perfect leverage points to get public opinion behind him on an issue.  Certainly the first guy since Reagan who has the potential to convert people to actual conservativism.

Really hoping he runs.