Author Topic: Trump ramps up his war on 'Ron DeSanctimonious'  (Read 2393 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Trump ramps up his war on 'Ron DeSanctimonious'
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2023, 07:30:00 pm »
1)  Where is Trump's accusation that DeSantis promised not to run against him, and;

2)   Is there any evidence other than Trump's say-so that DeSantis actually made that promise?

Asking @Right_in_Virginia to provide proof to back up her claims?  Good luck with that.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2023, 07:30:39 pm »
If DeSantis wins the nomination, I could see Trump pulling a Ross Perot.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2023, 07:35:14 pm »
If DeSantis wins the nomination, I could see Trump pulling a Ross Perot.

Without a doubt.  I could even see the RNC helping him do it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2023, 07:36:33 pm »
Without a doubt.  I could even see the RNC helping him do it.

I will almost guarantee it.  Trump is a vindictive sort.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2023, 07:41:26 pm »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2023, 07:43:51 pm »
Asking @Right_in_Virginia to provide proof to back up her claims?  Good luck with that.

I see you're still a moth circling my flame.  Thank you for your unwavering devotion @Hoodat      6666kiss

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2023, 07:43:55 pm »
DeSantis didn't even mention Trump by name.  Class act.    He makes Trump look like the ass clown that he is.

Been almost 35 years since we've had a real grown up in the White House. It will be refreshing if and when it happens.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2023, 07:47:50 pm »
I see you're still a moth circling my flame.  Thank you for your unwavering devotion @Hoodat      6666kiss

QED

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2023, 07:51:41 pm »
DeSantis' response is strong.  He pointed out that after Covid, and after a hurricane, he was elected by the largest margin ever by a Republican.  And that's after winning in a squeaker the first time.  I remember how the media was poised to like a school of piranha to tear him to shreds after that hurricane, and he handled it brilliantly.  He's not just the right rhetoric -- he also is extremely competent at the job.  And it also seems like he's adept at surrounding himself with capable subordinates who take his directions and implement them correctly.  That ability to find, select, and retain capable subordinates is absolutely essential if you want to implement meaningful and lasting change.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2023, 07:54:30 pm »
And DeSantis is showing how to run against Trump.  Just ignore him, and let his own words and actions discredit him.  No reason to alienate Trump's supporters by saying bad things about him because Trump's negatives already are well known.

True story.  And another good reason to like the man.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online LMAO

« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2023, 07:57:26 pm »
DeSantis' response is strong.  He pointed out that after Covid, and after a hurricane, he was elected by the largest margin ever by a Republican.  And that's after winning in a squeaker the first time.  I remember how the media was poised to like a school of piranha to tear him to shreds after that hurricane, and he handled it brilliantly.  He's not just the right rhetoric -- he also is extremely competent at the job.  And it also seems like he's adept at surrounding himself with capable subordinates who take his directions and implement them correctly.  That ability to find, select, and retain capable subordinates is absolutely essential if you want to implement meaningful and lasting change.

DeSantis also has the advantage of a GOP controlled legislature and is governor of what is now a solidly red state. Those advantages go away should he win the Presidency

Is Ron the man to fix our National mess? I don’t know. But if he were to govern the country with the same ability and talent he’s governed Fla, we could experience a turn around such as we had with another President named “Ron”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2023, 07:58:11 pm »
Does this earn an @mystery-ak  "Ditto!",  too?

Silly goose.  Trying to infer one member's POV to another?  We aren't an echo chamber.

Keep pushing the orange.  I think your ranks are shrinking by the day.

« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2023, 08:01:16 pm »
Silly goose.    We aren't an echo chamber.

But we will be if you have your way.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2023, 08:03:08 pm »
But we will be if you have your way.

No I don't.  You seem to forget I voted for the guy in '16 and '20.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2023, 08:03:43 pm »
DeSantis also has the advantage of a GOP controlled legislature and is governor of what is now a solidly red state. Those advantages go away should he win the Presidency

I would gladly settle for someone who is not in bed with the GOP Establishment - one who governs as a Conservative for a change.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2023, 08:04:39 pm »
Total bunk.  Beaches were open after the "15 days" nonsense, mask mandates partly unenforced, and the governor was planning to reopen schools by August while Fauci trashed him from his perch in DC.  The national guard was deployed soon after St. George slipped the surly bonds of earth.  Some of the cities are wackadoodle, but the state is exceptionally well managed. 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2023, 08:29:39 pm »
Total bunk.  Beaches were open after the "15 days" nonsense, mask mandates partly unenforced, and the governor was planning to reopen schools by August while Fauci trashed him from his perch in DC.  The national guard was deployed soon after St. George slipped the surly bonds of earth.  Some of the cities are wackadoodle, but the state is exceptionally well managed.

And lets not forget who Fauci worked for, either.  I don't recall Trump ever criticizing Fauci publicly, or distancing himself from any of the recommendations being made by Fauci or the CDC.  If he ever did, it was very late in the game, long after DeSantis had lifted everything against the recommendations of Fauci/CDC.

I've seen people try to make excuses for Trump when it came to Fauci by saying "well, Trump isn't a doctor, so how is he supposed to know that Fauci's recommendations weren't correct?"  If that argument held any water at all, it would be even more applicable to a governor than to a President.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2023, 08:51:36 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Word to the wise...when you post one of your zingers to/at me then delete it, think twice...I can read all deleted posts here... :smokin:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Idiot

« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2023, 08:57:10 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Word to the wise...when you post one of your zingers to/at me then delete it, think twice...I can read all deleted posts here... :smokin:
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2023, 08:59:18 pm »
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Rule No. 1 in the business world.  Never diss the boss.

Online berdie

« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2023, 09:22:49 pm »
DeSantis' people must love it every time Trump drops "DeSanctimonious", because all it does it remind people of Trump's own flaws.  He just can't stop letting his mouth be driven by his own emotions, regardless of whether or not it helps his campaign.  It's one of the reasons so many people have decided they want to move on from him.

And DeSantis is showing how to run against Trump.  Just ignore him, and let his own words and actions discredit him.  No reason to alienate Trump's supporters by saying bad things about him because Trump's negatives already are well known.

Absolutely. I got very bored with Trump's drama and name calling...no matter how good or bad he was as a president.To my knowledge DeSantis hasn't declared, has he?

Instead of utilizing someone who would be a valuable asset, he goes on attack for no discernable reason. This shows me he hasn't learned a darn thing. He may/may not be a politician but his lack of common sense astounds me. But people will claim he had no support while in office. I wonder why that is.

His ego is his own worst enemy.

« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2023, 09:24:22 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Good to know @mystery-ak  ..... But I wasn't posting a "zinger" to or at you. I was attempting to ask a serious question about the direction of the forum and --- in a benign way ---- ask if you supported @catfish1957 's clarion call for payback.  I deleted the post because I subsequently thought this was a conversation better suited for a PM than for public consumption.

I started to write a PM to you and @Cyber Liberty but then @catfish1957 jumped in and answered my deleted post (he is able to read them, too?). 

Anyway, Catfish provided the answer ___ so I cancelled the PM.   :shrug:

No worries, message received all around.  Thanks.   

« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 09:26:20 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2023, 09:34:22 pm »
@catfish1957 was quick...he was able to quote you before you deleted it...

Only Admin can read deleted posts...not sure Mods can I will have to look at their settings..
Support the USO

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2023, 09:53:36 pm »
"Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican."

Ronald Wilson Reagan
There you have it folks!  He can't win votes with his insane rhetoric against Republicans or Democrats for that matter.