Author Topic: Trump ramps up his war on 'Ron DeSanctimonious'  (Read 2389 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Trump ramps up his war on 'Ron DeSanctimonious'
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2023, 06:09:26 pm »
I for one am tired of his schtick of attacking Conservatives and name calling.. 9999hair out0000

Perfectly stated.  Schtick is an apt description of the tactics employed now by DJT.

I honestly think he is panicking after his politcal brand took massive hits after the glowing almost sponsorship of Oz and Walker.
If mainstream conseratives could band together and ignore  his threats, I think even the Orange-ites would eventually understand what the guy is really about.......   Intimidation and gimmickry. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2023, 06:11:00 pm »
Setting someone's record straight is not an "attack".

Then save it for the debates...'Ron DeSanctimonious' is so juvenile...

Has it occurred to Trump that he will need Florida to win....keep up the attacks and he will risk losing Fla.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2023, 06:11:16 pm »
It’s red meat for the juvenile in his ego and his ardent supporters.

No.  It is not @Lando Lincoln

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2023, 06:14:05 pm »
DeSantis didn't close any beaches.

Actually he did.  For a short time.

Edited...  Or maybe it was our local officials that closed them.  Need to do a deep dive.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 06:15:11 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2023, 06:19:56 pm »

Edited...  Or maybe it was our local officials that closed them.  Need to do a deep dive.

It was local governments.  Not DeSantis.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2023, 06:19:57 pm »
As am I.  It is pointless, divisive, and does nothing more constructive than further democrat party narratives.

:bingo:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2023, 06:21:44 pm »
Then save it for the debates...'Ron DeSanctimonious' is so juvenile...

The debates come after the DeSantis rewritten hagiography will have been carved into stone.  Trump's not going to allow that.  Period.

As to the objection to "DeSanctmonius" ------ the preferred tag would have pleased you less.  888blackhat

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2023, 06:22:57 pm »
It was local governments.  Not DeSantis.

Yep.... Thanks.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2023, 06:23:37 pm »
:bingo:

Imagine- A GOP political landscape with out Trump polluting it with intentional polarization within our ranks.  happy77

If he does run, we need to attack him with the same level of veracity as he did against his opponents in '16.

Let paybacks be HELL!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2023, 06:25:59 pm »
Setting someone's record straight is not an "attack". 

Repeatedly using a childish play on someone's name, like DeSanctimonous, is childish in the extreme and indicates a fundamental lack of character.

What it most definitely is not is "setting someone's record straight".
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 06:26:51 pm by Kamaji »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2023, 06:26:38 pm »
 ////00000////

Ron DeSanctimonious should select Rosie O'Donnell as his VP running mate.  The Orange Man wouldn't be able to keep quiet.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2023, 06:30:01 pm »
I wish DeSantis would at least be man enough to admit he lied when he gave his word to Trump that he wouldn't run if Trump formally announced his candidacy. 

1)  Where is Trump's accusation that DeSantis promised not to run against him, and;

2)   Is there any evidence other than Trump's say-so that DeSantis actually made that promise?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2023, 06:30:19 pm »
"Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican."

Ronald Wilson Reagan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2023, 06:34:43 pm »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

We soon forget that not that long ago, Trump was a democrat and cozy with the Clintons.

Reagan had a natural progession towards the right in his politcal development.  Trump's political tendencies were more like a weather vane.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2023, 06:35:47 pm »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

AMEN!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2023, 06:36:24 pm »
If only he would go to war against the GOP Establishment instead.

Amen. Instead, he continues to act like a petulant child.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2023, 06:48:58 pm »

DeSantis orders major shutdown of beaches, businesses in Broward, Palm Beach
Movie theaters, bowling alleys, arcades, gyms, beaches, bars and more will all be affected.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis issued an executive order Friday calling for strict closures of beaches and businesses in Broward and Palm Beach counties. The restrictions are much broader than what he has ordered statewide thus far.

The closures apply to “all movie theatres, concert houses, auditoriums, playhouses, bowling alleys, arcades, gymnasiums, fitness studios and beaches” in those two counties, according to the release from the governor’s office. The order will be in effect until March 31. However, they can be renewed at that time with a written request from the county administrators.

Additionally, all bars, nightclubs and restaurants with seating for more than 10 people must close their on-premises services, and can only operate their kitchens for take-out or deliveries.

The closure order does not apply to grocery stores, pharmacies, gas stations or convenience stores.

DeSantis, speaking in Broward County Thursday evening, said he would be issuing the order for Broward and Palm Beach counties Friday morning. The order would be similar to restrictions issued in Miami-Dade County, he said, and would be made in consultation with local officials. He said additional closures were necessary in those counties because of community spread of the coronavirus.

“That’s based off the recommendations of local officials but also the (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) recommendations, that when you do have community spread, then there’s additional items that should be on the list,” he said. “Southeast Florida is the epicenter of what we’re fighting in Florida, so we want to work constructively with the local folks.”

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/03/20/desantis-orders-major-shutdown-of-beaches-businesses-in-broward-palm-beach/

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2023, 06:52:19 pm »

You do realize that on March 20th, 2020 C-19 was a public health mystery, and little or nothing was known at this point, except initially people were dropping like flies during the early most virulent part of the pandemic.  Everyone was scared as hell at first.

At least keep you hypocrotical aspect counters  in check .

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2023, 06:56:43 pm »
DeSantis did have lockdowns, more or less, for a couple of months very early in the pandemic.  That was in accordance with what Trump's own designated spokesman/expert, Dr. Fauci, was telling governors to do.  It's the height of hypocrisy for Trump to present to the country his own expert to give advice, not contradict or publicly disagree with that expert at all, and then more than two years later blame DeSantis for listening to Trump's own spokesman. And Trump's No. 1 Covid guy expressly criticized Florida for re-opening too soon, and Trump didn't say squat.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/fauci-suggests-florida-among-states-that-may-have-reopened-too-quickly/2260667/

Okay, let's look at what Trump himself said about Covid and lockdown orders:

President Donald Trump, hours after governors on both coasts announced regional plans for reopening their states, asserted “total authority” over decisions about when and how to emerge after coronavirus shutdowns.

“When somebody’s president of the United States, the authority is total,” Trump said at a press briefing Monday when asked about the governors’ plans. “And that’s the way it’s got to to be. It’s total. It’s total. And the governors know that.”

https://www.politico.com/states/california/story/2020/04/13/trump-claims-total-authority-over-state-decisions-1275506

So by Trump's own words, every single closure or even decision not to close is on him, because he (allegedly...) had "total authority" overall such decisions.  So even if a governor was wrong, it's still on Trump.  As is every crappy lockdown decision made by every governor in the country.

Of course, that's only if Trump wasn't just talking out of his sphincter when he claimed "total authority"....

« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 06:57:40 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2023, 06:59:54 pm »
I winced and voted for Mr. Trump in his first campaign.

I supported and voted for President Trump in his reelection bid.

Now, I find myself exhausted of…

…him.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2023, 07:06:43 pm »

"https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/03/20/desantis-orders-major-shutdown-of-beaches-businesses-in-broward-palm-beach/

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis issued an executive order Friday calling for strict closures of beaches and businesses in Broward and Palm Beach counties. The restrictions are much broader than what he has ordered statewide thus far.

The closures apply to “all movie theatres, concert houses, auditoriums, playhouses, bowling alleys, arcades, gymnasiums, fitness studios and beaches” in those two counties, according to the release from the governor’s office. The order will be in effect until March 31.

So DeSantis issues an order on March 20 closing beaches in two counties until March 31...and that's Trump's (and yours) argument???  Most of the country lived through a year+ of that crap, and Trump is going to go after DeSantis for an eleven day order, when Trump's own Covid guru was publicly pushing for much more???

I mean, do you think everyone just forgets that Trump was Fauci's boss?   Did Trump ever publicly disagree with or contradict Fauci's recommendations???  Damn, I'm really hoping that Trump decides to push this if there is a debate, because DeSantis would tie Fauci to Trump's leg and send him right to the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico.  Rhetorically speaking, of course.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 07:22:57 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2023, 07:09:17 pm »

…him.

Same here...I had to vote for McCain and Romney which I swore I never would..now..I sure don't want to vote for Trump a third time...
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2023, 07:10:45 pm »

…him.

I never voted for him until 2020 when i enthusiastically did. I have also said that he has my support in 2024 but his own actions are seriously eroding that commitment.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2023, 07:22:32 pm »
I voted for him in 2016 solely because he promised to appoint judicial conservatives when it came to Supreme Court nominations, and because he wouldn't be open borders.  He came through on those two issues in 2020, so I voted for him again.

But to me, that's pretty much the minimum for a Republican anyway.  So I'd prefer just about anyone else over Trump as long as they promise those same two things.