Author Topic: Trump ramps up his war on 'Ron DeSanctimonious'  (Read 2425 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Trump ramps up his war on 'Ron DeSanctimonious'
« on: January 31, 2023, 05:02:04 pm »
Trump ramps up his war on 'Ron DeSanctimonious': Ex-president now accuses Florida governor of 'unapologetically' shutting down state and its beaches during COVID and calls him a 'globalist' as 2024 rivalry heats up

Donald Trump lambasted Florida's governor as 'Ron DeSanctimonious' on Sunday night, punctuating the end of a weekend that saw the former president go in hard against his potential 2024 Republican rival.

In a pair of posts on his Truth Social app, Trump wheeled out the nickname twice as he accused DeSantis of being a 'globalist' and having 'shut down Florida and its beaches' during the COVID-19 pandemic.

His return to using the monicker is a sign that the ex-president is ready for all-out political warfare against his burgeoning rival. DeSantis has not formally declared a White House bid, but his refusal to rule one out in this coming election cycle has infuriated Trump....

Speaking to reporters on his campaign plane that day, Trump issued a public warning to DeSantis that it would be 'disloyal' for him to run in 2024.

He wrote on Truth Social hours later, 'The revelations about Ron DeSanctimonious doing FAR WORSE than many other Republican governors, including that he unapologetically shut down Florida and its beaches, was interesting, indeed.

Trump added, referring to himself in the third person: 'DJT leading BIG!!!'....

Ron DeSanctimonious, who I made Governor in BOTH the Primary & the General, is also a Globalist, & so are his donors.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11692451/donald-trump-ron-desantis-globalist.html

Fortunately, I think DeSantis believes his loyalty flows to the country as a whole before Trump, and should run if he believes he's the better candidate.

I also think it is pretty amazing that Trump is calling out DeSantis for Covid.  Trump pretty much passed the buck completely to Fauci and his aides, and other than saying he didn't believe in mandatory vaccines, didn't provide squat in the way of guidance to the states.  Most likely because he figured that if he didn't say anything, nobody could accuse him of being wrong.

DeSantis did shut down Florida very early on, which was probably prudent given the early uncertainty and Florida's disproportionately high percentage of elderly.  But I think every Republican -- except perhaps Trump -- also remembers that Florida was one of the first states to lift those restrictions, and that DeSantis took massive crap from the left nationally for doing so.  They accused him of actually murdering his state's residents:

https://www.theroot.com/floridians-does-ron-desantis-want-to-kill-you-or-does-1847459632

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-coronavirus-florida-desantis-spin-ss-prem-20201203-tyjmgkos6bd7vo7vnripqliany-htmlstory.html

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nyts-krugman-blasted-blaming-desantis-unnecessary-covid-19-deaths-hack-partisan-buffoon

Fortunately, I think these kind of attacks on DeSantis just diminish Trump in the eyes of most voters, and help DeSantis.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 05:27:53 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Trump ramps up his war on 'Ron DeSanctimonious'
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 05:08:48 pm »
Trump is a chump to begin with and its even worse when he attacks the best Gov in the US.  I wish he would crawl back to his Mar-A-logo cave and lock the gates.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 05:20:26 pm »
Trump is a chump to begin with and its even worse when he attacks the best Gov in the US.  I wish he would crawl back to his Mar-A-logo cave and lock the gates.

DITTO!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2023, 05:24:35 pm »
DeSantis' people must love it every time Trump drops "DeSanctimonious", because all it does it remind people of Trump's own flaws.  He just can't stop letting his mouth be driven by his own emotions, regardless of whether or not it helps his campaign.  It's one of the reasons so many people have decided they want to move on from him.

And DeSantis is showing how to run against Trump.  Just ignore him, and let his own words and actions discredit him.  No reason to alienate Trump's supporters by saying bad things about him because Trump's negatives already are well known.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2023, 05:30:48 pm »
If Trump is not trying to drive me back into my original never Trump stance, he's doing a damned poor job of it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2023, 05:37:55 pm »
If Trump is not trying to drive me back into my original never Trump stance, he's doing a damned poor job of it.

He and his advisors must have realized what the reaction was among Republicans when he said it the first time, but he keeps doing it anyway.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2023, 05:39:59 pm »

If only he would go to war against the GOP Establishment instead.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2023, 05:40:19 pm »
Trump and his advisors are starting to look like the gang who couldn't shoot straight.
The Republic is lost.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2023, 05:42:43 pm »
He and his advisors must have realized what the reaction was among Republicans when he said it the first time, but he keeps doing it anyway.

It’s red meat for the juvenile in his ego and his ardent supporters. It jades the rest of us.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2023, 05:45:57 pm »
DeSantis' people must love it every time Trump drops "DeSanctimonious", because all it does it remind people of Trump's own flaws.  He just can't stop letting his mouth be driven by his own emotions, regardless of whether or not it helps his campaign.  It's one of the reasons so many people have decided they want to move on from him.

And DeSantis is showing how to run against Trump.  Just ignore him, and let his own words and actions discredit him.  No reason to alienate Trump's supporters by saying bad things about him because Trump's negatives already are well known.

:thumbsup:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2023, 05:49:02 pm »

One of many things that DeSantis has, that Trump lacks, is self control.

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2023, 05:49:38 pm »
I think these kinds of attacks on DeSantis just diminish Trump in the eyes of most voters and help DeSantis.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2023, 05:51:34 pm »

I'm in that ever growing group who once supported him. They call us The "Moved On"

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2023, 05:52:11 pm »
DITTO!

Trump is dealing with competition @mystery-ak   You’ll notice he has put his name on the ballot. The others are all running, too, but they are liars and politicians. Don’t expect Trump to lie down for Haley, DeSantis or anyone else. One of the many reasons he’s needed at the top.

DeSantis faces the same problem of every other governor who imposed lockdown measures in 2020.  He closed schools, government facilities, and private business establishments and imposed mandatory isolation for visitors from NY, NJ and LA ---- sending the highway patrol to look for license plates.  It also doesn’t help DeSantis that he imposed a mix of measures that makes no sense to any rational person — like closing beaches and other outdoor areas, allowing restaurants and bars to open at 50% of their seating capacity, and allowing Walmart to open with no restrictions at all.

DeSantis’ biggest mistake here is that he won’t just own up to his decisions from 2020. Instead, he and his handlers have crafted a campaign message that he “stood up for freedom during COVID,” when the well documented evidence shows that to be totally false.  Other Republican governors did, but not DeSantis.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2023, 05:55:50 pm »
If only he would go to war against the GOP Establishment instead.

Yup
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2023, 05:57:49 pm »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2023, 05:58:33 pm »
He is listening to the wrong people again.

It is a politically fatal flaw, and just shows he hasn't learned anything.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2023, 06:00:59 pm »
Trump is dealing with competition @mystery-ak   You’ll notice he has put his name on the ballot. The others are all running, too, but they are liars and politicians. Don’t expect Trump to lie down for Haley, DeSantis or anyone else. One of the many reasons he’s needed at the top.

DeSantis faces the same problem of every other governor who imposed lockdown measures in 2020.  He closed schools, government facilities, and private business establishments and imposed mandatory isolation for visitors from NY, NJ and LA ---- sending the highway patrol to look for license plates.  It also doesn’t help DeSantis that he imposed a mix of measures that makes no sense to any rational person — like closing beaches and other outdoor areas, allowing restaurants and bars to open at 50% of their seating capacity, and allowing Walmart to open with no restrictions at all.

DeSantis’ biggest mistake here is that he won’t just own up to his decisions from 2020. Instead, he and his handlers have crafted a campaign message that he “stood up for freedom during COVID,” when the well documented evidence shows that to be totally false.  Other Republican governors did, but not DeSantis.

I for one am tired of his schtick of attacking Conservatives and name calling.. 9999hair out0000
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2023, 06:02:52 pm »
I for one am tired of his schtick of attacking Conservatives and name calling.. 9999hair out0000

As am I.  It is pointless, divisive, and does nothing more constructive than further democrat party narratives.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2023, 06:04:43 pm »
DeSantis is running. Trump sees it and isn’t letting him control the timing. DeSantis, unlike Trump, isn’t a straight shooter ----  he’s happy to let others do his bidding and rewrite his history.  This is how all political pukes operated before Trump.

I wish DeSantis would at least be man enough to admit he lied when he gave his word to Trump that he wouldn't run if Trump formally announced his candidacy.  Maybe Paul Ryan will address this personally. 

Online Hoodat

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2023, 06:04:56 pm »
It also doesn’t help DeSantis that he imposed a mix of measures that makes no sense to any rational person — like closing beaches

DeSantis didn't close any beaches.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2023, 06:06:01 pm »
As the Trump 2024 diminishes, watch for further lashing out

Barry Goldwater

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2023, 06:06:51 pm »

Setting someone's record straight is not an "attack". 

Online Hoodat

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2023, 06:08:13 pm »
I wish DeSantis would at least be man enough to admit he lied when he gave his word to Trump that he wouldn't run if Trump formally announced his candidacy.

Speaking of lies .  .  .

Trump annoyed that Ron DeSantis won't publicly promise not to run against him in 2024, report says

TOM PORTER  |  NOV 12, 2021, 20:32 IST

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2023, 06:09:17 pm »
DeSantis didn't close any beaches.

And your comments on the rest of the list are ......