Author Topic: Does the “Word of a Biden” Extend to the Biden Delaware Documents?  (Read 138 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
ACADEMIA, CRIMINAL LAW, POLITICSJanuary 30, 2023
Does the “Word of a Biden” Extend to the Biden Delaware Documents?

Below is my column in the New York Post on the pledge of transparency by President Joe Biden in the classified documents scandal. Yesterday, President Biden assured the public that it could take “the word of a Biden” on their bright future. That would be more reassuring if he would fulfill his pledge to be “very transparent” on his storage of documents from his time as senator and vice president.

Here is the column:

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre has repeatedly assured the public that President Biden is committed in the classified-document scandal to move forward in “a very transparent way.” Putting aside the refusal to share any information beyond a desire to be fully transparent, Biden has one major test awaiting him on his pledge: his senatorial records.

There has been much discussion of a classified document being found in his personal library in Wilmington, but there is a huge library of Biden documents sitting in the University of Delaware. The university is sitting on Biden documents due to a cynical 2012 arrangement made by Biden when he was vice president and contemplating a run for the presidency.

https://jonathanturley.org/2023/01/30/the-university-of-delaware-lock-box-does-the-word-of-a-biden-extend-to-the-biden-documents/#more-200021
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson