Author Topic: JUST IN: Parts, Labor Shortages Continue to Plague Navy (Updated)  (Read 121 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
JUST IN: Parts, Labor Shortages Continue to Plague Navy (Updated)
1/30/2023
By Laura Heckmann   

Navy photo

ARLINGTON, Virginia — Shortages of parts and skilled laborers are continuing to put the Navy behind in both building new ships and maintaining existing ones, a senior service officer said Jan. 30.

A “walk across the country” through various U.S. Navy shipbuilding projects highlighted a challenge in both new construction and sustainment across ongoing projects, Vice Adm. William Galinis, commander of Naval Sea Systems Command, said at the American Society of Naval Engineers’ Intelligent Ships Symposium.

“We are just not meeting the market,” Galinis said in a keynote speech at the event. He listed scheduling and cost performance among the Navy’s hindrances, but also a dwindling workforce and “unacceptable” lead time on parts.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2023/1/30/parts-labor-shortage-continue-to-plague-navy
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: JUST IN: Parts, Labor Shortages Continue to Plague Navy (Updated)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 04:33:21 pm »
SHORTAGES, SHORTAGES, SHORTAGES!!  EVERYWHERE SHORTAGES. :scared smiley:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoodat

Re: JUST IN: Parts, Labor Shortages Continue to Plague Navy (Updated)
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 04:38:08 pm »
As if this wasn't bad enough.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-