Author Topic: GOP Rep. Jim Jordan says there aren't 'enough good people' seeking to become police officers due to  (Read 313 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
GOP Rep. Jim Jordan says there aren't 'enough good people' seeking to become police officers due to the 'disparagement' of law enforcement
John L. Dorman Jan 29, 2023, 2:27 PM

Rep. Jim Jordan said not "enough good people" want to be cops because of attacks on law enforcement.

While on NBC's "Meet the Press," the Ohio Republican condemned the death of Tyre Nichols in Memphis.

When asked about federal police reform efforts, Jordan said it was best left at the state and local levels.

Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio on Sunday that there aren't "enough good people" seeking to become police officers due to the effects of the "defund the police" movement, which he blames for smearing law enforcement officials across the country.

Jordan, the Republican chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, made the comments on NBC's "Meet the Press" while discussing the death of Tyre Nichols, who was brutally beaten by five police officers in Memphis, Tenn., earlier this month.

https://www.businessinsider.com/jim-jordan-police-officers-defund-the-police-reforms-tyre-nichols-2023-1
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 04:18:33 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Idiot

GOP Rep. Jim Jordan says there aren't 'enough good people' seeking to become police officers due to the 'disparagement' of law enforcement
John L. Dorman Jan 29, 2023, 2:27 PM

Rep. Jim Jordan said not "enough good people" want to be cops because of attacks on law enforcement.

While on NBC's "Meet the Press," the Ohio Republican condemned the death of Tyre Nichols in Memphis.

When asked about federal police reform efforts, Jordan said it was best left at the state and local levels.

Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio on Sunday that there aren't "enough good people" seeking to become police officers due to the effects of the "defund the police" movement, which he blames for smearing law enforcement officials across the country.

Jordan, the Republican chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, made the comments on NBC's "Meet the Press" while discussing the death of Tyre Nichols, who was brutally beaten by five police officers in Memphis, Tenn., earlier this month.

https://www.businessinsider.com/jim-jordan-police-officers-defund-the-police-reforms-tyre-nichols-2023-1
He's exactly right...

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
He's 100% correct.  I know a lot of cops and former cops, and this is a real problem that is just going to get worse.

The worse crime gets, the worse it is to be a cop.  It's a vicious circle that can only be fixed if 1) voters elect a law and order administration, and 2) there are still enough good cops on the force to enforce the law properly.  A lot of cities are simply not going to be able to meet 2), so it is going to become a problem with no possible solution.

Offline berdie

He's 100% correct.  I know a lot of cops and former cops, and this is a real problem that is just going to get worse.

The worse crime gets, the worse it is to be a cop.  It's a vicious circle that can only be fixed if 1) voters elect a law and order administration, and 2) there are still enough good cops on the force to enforce the law properly.  A lot of cities are simply not going to be able to meet 2), so it is going to become a problem with no possible solution.

Very prescient post. I certainly wouldn't encourage a family member to join the police force.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Democrats trashed our soldiers ever since the Vietnam war, and now our own law enforcement are fighting anarchy and the forces of evil on the streets here.  Democrats showed us how those that defend this nation get trashed so long ago-our soldiers and now our policemen stateside.  We certainly had adequate warning by democrats through a number of wars going back decades, and now openly even without war like Afghanistan and declared wars like the gulf wars.

So many willfully clueless, regardless of how obvious it all is.
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions