Author Topic: Democrats worry Kamala Harris won't cut it as the future of the party (including Sen. Warren)  (Read 129 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats worry Kamala Harris won't cut it as the future of the party (including Sen. Warren)
John Sexton 9:20 PM on January 30, 2023

There aren’t many things that Democrats and Republicans agree about these days but one of the few on which there seems to be general accord is that Kamala Harris is not a credible presidential candidate. Today the Washington Post published a story for which they spoke to more than a dozen Democrats who are worried about VP Harris’ role in the party’s future. The piece opens with an on-the-record comment from former Cobb County Democratic leader Jacquelyn Bettadapur:

Many Democrats, Bettadapur said, “don’t know enough about what she’s doing” — and, she added, “it doesn’t help that she’s not [that] adept as a communicator.”

Such concerns about Harris’s political strength were repeated often by more than a dozen Democratic leaders in key states interviewed for this story, some speaking on the condition of anonymity to convey candid thoughts. Harris’s tenure has been underwhelming, they said, marked by struggles as a communicator and at times near-invisibility, leaving many rank-and-file Democrats unpersuaded that she has the force, charisma and skill to mount a winning presidential campaign…

“Every fiber in my body wants her to be president; everything I’ve ever fought for is for someone like her to be president,” said one South Carolina Democratic strategist who spoke on the condition of anonymity for fear of damaging professional relationships. “I think she’s a good person with a good heart who can lead the country. But I don’t know that the people who have to make that happen feel that way right now. I don’t know that she has what it takes to get over the hump in our present environment.”…

Broader doubts about Harris, Democrats say, largely fall into two categories. Some party members fear that Americans are simply not willing to elect a woman of color as president, especially given the racism and sexism they see emerging in recent years. Others worry that Harris herself lacks the political skills to win a national race.

more
https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2023/01/30/democrats-worry-kamala-harris-wont-cut-it-as-the-future-of-the-party-including-sen-warren-n527456
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34