Author Topic: America needs energy from Alaska’s Willow Project  (Read 118 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
America needs energy from Alaska’s Willow Project
« on: January 31, 2023, 12:14:42 pm »
America needs energy from Alaska’s Willow Project
By CFACT Ed |January 29th, 2023|Energy|324 Comments
By Clarence ‘Bud’ Albright

You don’t have to be Nostradamus to see the Biden Administration’s hostility to the traditional U.S. energy mix sets us up for long-term trouble. The president made it clear on his first day in office he would cede America’s hard-won gains in energy projects that led to new dominance in global energy production.

With the stroke of a pen, he laid low the cause of American energy independence by canceling the permitting needed to build the Keystone XL pipeline.  When finished, it would have supplied as much as 880,000 barrels per day of petroleum and be an important part of keeping the U.S. as a major reducer of prices on the world energy market.

Team Biden crowed about their victory, showing its indifference to the devastating effect such policies have on all Americans as it set the stage for energy price spikes and the overall inflation we’ve experienced over the past year.

Most people want to reduce human carbon emissions as part of our commitment to ensuring the overall protection of the planet. That doesn’t mean we must reject the realities inherent in sustaining life now. America cannot pretend to insulate itself against the realities of global energy production and expect it will inure to any significant benefit — either to today’s world carbon footprint or to competitive pricing which benefits the world. Thinking so is pure folly.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/01/29/america-needs-energy-from-alaskas-willow-project/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=america-needs-energy-from-alaskas-willow-project&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=america-needs-energy-from-alaskas-willow-project
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson