Author Topic: The Washington Post Gets Iceberg Story Right  (Read 97 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Washington Post Gets Iceberg Story Right
« on: January 31, 2023, 12:03:06 pm »
The Washington Post Gets Iceberg Story Right
By Linnea Lueken -January 27, 20235

The Washington Post (WaPo) published a story that explains how a 600 square mile chunk of iceberg has broken off from Antarctica, and that scientists do not believe it is due to climate change.

This is factually true, and WaPo should be praised for publishing a scientifically-sound article on spectacular natural phenomena without attempts trying to tie it to climate change.

WaPo writer and meteorologist Dan Stillman covered the recent drama of a large segment of iceberg breaking off from Antarctica’s Brunt Ice Shelf, in a post titled “Giant iceberg breaks off from Antarctica. Aerial view is ‘spectacular.” Stillman reports that the calving occurred “during a particularly high tide known as a spring tide,” and has been expected by Antarctic researchers for years now after a large crack formed and expanded.

https://climaterealism.com/2023/01/the-washington-post-gets-iceberg-story-right/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson