General Category > Books and Authors

Who Lost Vietnam? Mark Moyar’s New Book Spreads the Blame

<< < (2/5) > >>

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: Bigun on January 30, 2023, 07:50:39 pm ---I agree with ALL of that @Smokin Joe but MY point is that it would never have gotten to that point had LBJ simply left the war fighting to the war fighters at any time after mid 1965 the war would have been over in six months or less.

--- End quote ---
IIRC, Lady Bird had extensive holdings in KBR and was making bank off of war construction.
LBJ did a lot of damage in his time in office, and fouling up Vietnam was just part of it.

Bigun:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on January 30, 2023, 08:15:55 pm ---IIRC, Lady Bird had extensive holdings in KBR and was making bank off of war construction.
LBJ did a lot of damage in his time in office, and fouling up Vietnam was just part of it.

--- End quote ---

Back then it was just Brown & Root and their subsidiaries. Alaska Barge Company being chief among them.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: Bigun on January 30, 2023, 08:22:05 pm ---Back then it was just Brown & Root and their subsidiaries. Alaska Barge Company being chief among them.

--- End quote ---
True, I used their current name.

catfish1957:
Counterculture that infiltrated our society and became entrenched has got to shoulder a lot of the blame too.

I remember well.

DefiantMassRINO:
The objective in Vietnam was to maintain a geopoltical status quo in former French Indochina.

Much of late 20th Century US strategy was to prevent the territories of the collapsing English and French colonial empires from falling into the Soviet sphere of influence.

To maintain detente with the Soviet Union and China, the West went on the defensive while the Communists were always on the offensive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version