Author Topic: Forever Blackouts: Banning Oil, Coal, Gas in Minnesota  (Read 315 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Forever Blackouts: Banning Oil, Coal, Gas in Minnesota
« on: January 30, 2023, 04:39:43 pm »
Forever Blackouts: Banning Oil, Coal, Gas in Minnesota
By M Dowling -January 30, 20231

Minnesota House Democrats banned coal, oil, and gas last week in one of the coldest states in the nation. They hope to ban mining in Minnesota as Biden strikes a deal with African nations that use child labor and China, where they use slaves.

It heads now for the Minnesota Senate, KIMT reports. The Blackout Bill would require the state’s electric utilities to have carbon-free electricity sources by 2040.

The bill passed the Minnesota House of Representatives on a 70 to 60 vote Thursday night after more than seven hours of debate.

https://www.independentsentinel.com/forever-blackouts-banning-oil-coal-gas-in-minnesota/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Forever Blackouts: Banning Oil, Coal, Gas in Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 04:40:30 pm »
Do I see a government plan to the takeover of utilities? :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 04:47:58 pm »
This'll be fun to watch.

:popcorn:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 04:50:14 pm »
Lol….

We have nighttime temperatures well below zero in northern Minnesota/northern Wisconsin this week.

Good luck
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2023, 05:01:41 pm »
You can't fix stupid.  But just maybe you can freeze it to death.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2023, 05:05:36 pm »
Minnesota is really getting out of hand. I wonder if they’re doing this stuff because they’re not confident that they’re going to hold on to the one party rule forever?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2023, 05:47:10 pm »
My wife and I bought my parents house with the idea that when we retire and they either move out or pass away, we would move up to Minnesota in retirement

We may be forced to rethink that.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2023, 07:41:20 am »
Maybe they think they can buy up all the windmill electricity North Dakota is exporting...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis