Author Topic: 2023 Update on Key Federal Immigration Policies and Implications for Health  (Read 118 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
2023 Update on Key Federal Immigration Policies and Implications for Health
Drishti Pillai Follow @DrishPill on Twitter and Samantha Artiga Follow @SArtiga2 on Twitter
Published: Jan 30, 2023

In recent months, there has been increased focus on immigration trends and the evolving landscape of immigration policies, amid increasing immigration activity at the U.S.-Mexico border. In 2021, there were 20.8 million noncitizens and 23.9 million naturalized citizens residing in the U.S., who accounted for about 6% and 7% of the total population, respectively. Noncitizens include lawfully present and undocumented immigrants. Many individuals live in mixed immigration status families that may include lawfully present immigrants, undocumented immigrants, and/or citizens, including the one in four children who have an immigrant parent. Over the last two years, there has been a surge in immigration activity at the border, with over 2 million encounters at the U.S.-Mexico border in 2022. Against this backdrop, there have been ongoing changes to several key immigration policies. reflecting actions by the Biden Administration and court rulings.

This issue brief provides the latest update on some key evolving immigration policies, including Title 42 as it applies to border enforcement, the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, and the public charge rule and discusses the implications of these policies for the health and well-being of immigrants.

Title 42

https://www.kff.org/racial-equity-and-health-policy/issue-brief/2023-update-on-key-federal-immigration-policies-and-implications-for-health/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson