Author Topic: Giuliani's Warning  (Read 166 times)

Offline Kamaji

Giuliani's Warning
« on: August 25, 2023, 01:13:30 pm »
Giuliani's Warning

BY LINCOLN BROWN
AUGUST 24, 2023

Well, as of this morning, the news was still awash with post-game discussions and observations about last night’s debate. No matter who you think “won,” I think that we can all come together on the point that at the next debate, it would be nice if we had some real moderators. Raise your hand if you agree. Oh, wait, we’re not schoolchildren.

Lost in all of the pre-hype was a fact that is causing most conservatives to work up a good head of steam or that they are trying to ignore for their own peace of mind, namely, that people who have been caught up in the Trump drama have been turning themselves in at Fulton County, Ga., and the fact that Trump is scheduled to surrender today.

CNN was even referring to Trump as a “kingpin” this morning. Then again, CNN has never been guilty of objective or levelheaded journalism, or even journalism, for that matter. And while conservatives seethe, liberals, progressives, and others of their ilk will be popping champagne corks and rolling out the Carr’s Water Biscuits and brie or updating their social media posts and firing up a bong — maybe even all at the same time.

One of those people who was slated to turn themselves in was Rudy Giuliani, who had words of warning not just for his supporters but for his detractors as well. Via American Wire News:

Now, whether you dislike or like Donald Trump, let me give you a warning. They’re gonna come for you. When the political winds shift, as they always do, let us pray that Republicans are more honest, more trustworthy, and more American than these people in charge of this government. Because if our government is conducted this way and the system of justice is politicized and criminalized for politics, your rights are in jeopardy, and your children’s. Donald Trump told you this. They weren’t just coming for him or me.

Giuliani was partly expressing his hope that when and if conservatives regain power, they will not engage in the tactics of their predecessors in the name of justice. But moreover, he was issuing a warning to you and me. One way or another, they will come for you.

Source:  https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/lincolnbrown/2023/08/24/giulianis-warning-n1721669