Author Topic: Rod Dreher: Christian Cops Not Wanted  (Read 141 times)

Offline Kamaji

Rod Dreher: Christian Cops Not Wanted
« on: January 30, 2023, 02:15:34 pm »
Christian Cops Not Wanted

Sign of the times:  smalltown Georgia police force pushes traditional Christian out for wrongthink about marriage

Rod Dreher
Jan 30, 2023

See? See?!:

A former Georgia police officer who was investigated for a religious social media post that claimed "there's no such thing" as gay marriage said he felt pressured to resign after he was told he could be fired for sharing his beliefs.

Jacob Kersey, 19, who quit the Port Wentworth Police Department earlier this month, told Fox News Digital that he was placed on paid administrative leave Jan. 4 after he refused to remove the Facebook post he made regarding his Christian belief about marriage.

"God designed marriage," Kersey wrote in the post that was flagged by his superiors following "an anonymous complaint," according to a Jan. 13 letter of notification first reported by the Daily Signal and provided to Fox News Digital. "Marriage refers to Christ and the church. That's why there's no such thing as homosexual marriage."

Kersey wasn't fired after the investigation, but he said he decided to quit because he was told he could face termination for future social media posts that others find offensive. He said he has spoken with a law firm about possible legal action.

Unbelievable -- but all too believable. The image of Kersey above is from this interview he did with Tony Perkins. I've been saying for some time now -- in The Benedict Option and Live Not By Lies -- that this is the world we live in now, and increasingly are going to be living in. Normative Christian belief is going to be increasingly hated, and outlawed -- or, in this case, if not outlawed, then will put orthodox Christians at professional risk.

Source:  https://www.theamericanconservative.com/christian-cops-not-wanted/

Offline LMAO

Re: Rod Dreher: Christian Cops Not Wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 02:42:49 pm »
This is going to be a vicious cycle that’s going to continue until there’s some very strong leadership

Inner city police feel more pressure from being attacked not only by the criminals they arrest, but by the Democrat Party, and progressive inner city mayors, and DAs.

Inner-city criminals feel more emboldened that they have such power backing them up. The result is more attacks on police officers.

The resulting stress encourages even more police to quit in an already desperately understaffed inner city police departments

The qualifications and requirements to become an inner-city cop are further relaxed in order to meet hiring quotas

Incidents like this Tyre Nichols becomes more common as a result. Which results in further attacks on police departments by progressives and the Democrat Party which encourages further resignations

The one joy about being on the left of the political spectrum is your decision making is guided by your feelings. You’re not burdened with common sense or rational thinking

« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 02:43:58 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy