Author Topic: Environmentalism Impoverishes, Kills  (Read 127 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Environmentalism Impoverishes, Kills
« on: January 30, 2023, 12:26:16 pm »
Environmentalism Impoverishes, Kills
by Drieu Godefridi
January 30, 2023 at 4:00 am

As you read this, some European families are already at 15 degrees (59° Fahrenheit) in their living rooms . Happy New Year!

Of course, nuclear energy is not without risks and shortcomings... After the progressive banishment of coal in much of Europe, however, and as the EU countries have practically no easily extracted gas of their own, there are only two options: nuclear energy, and imported gas.

The countless restrictions on heating and electricity that Europeans have to impose on themselves -- they have no choice -- will have devastating consequences.

Due to the current insane energy prices, The Economist explained, 147,000 Europeans will die this winter in excess of the annual average... If the winter is mild, according to the magazine, this drops to 79,000 "excess" deaths. If the winter is harsh, the number of "excess" deaths is projected to be 185,000...

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/19364/environmentalism-impoverishes-kills
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson