Author Topic: Forbes: Global Warming is Causing Colder Februaries  (Read 236 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Forbes: Global Warming is Causing Colder Februaries
« on: January 30, 2023, 11:47:18 am »
Forbes: Global Warming is Causing Colder Februaries
5 hours ago Eric Worrall 12 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

Global warming is causing colder Februaries, and arctic cold outbreaks, according to climatologist Judah Cohen.

Thanks To Climate Change, February Is Now The Cruelest Month

Jeff McMahon
Senior Contributor
Jan 29, 2023,12:14am EST

Those unusual frozen Februaries in Texas may not be so unusual anymore.

Early winter has been warming across North America, but late winter is another story. Scientists have documented a cooling trend over more than 40 Februaries, marked by dangerous and increasingly common intrusions of Arctic air deep into the United States.

“December has certainly been warming if you look at the U.S.,” Judah Cohen, a climatologist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, says in a recent video. But “February, going back to 1979—so quite a few years now—we’re actually seeing in the center of the U.S. a very distinctive cooling trend.”

“We tend to get more severe winter weather when the polar vortex is weak and more milder rainy weather when the polar vortex is strong, and we’ve seen a decrease in the strong state of the polar vortex and an increase and the weak state of the polar vortex,” Cohen said in an interview with Peter Sinclair, a videographer for Yale Climate Connections who posts pithy snippets of interviews on his excellent Youtube channel, greenmanbucket.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/01/29/forbes-global-warming-is-causing-colder-februaries/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Forbes: Global Warming is Causing Colder Februaries
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 12:12:23 pm »
Maybe all those windmills sucking energy from prevailing wind currents are starting to have an effect... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 09:10:16 pm »
“There has been no warming in Antarctica for 40 years” (Heller)

https://twitter.com/ClimateThere/status/1620115263231516672
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 09:29:34 pm »
 ////00000////

So, the weather is changing and Earth's climate is dynamic?  Oh, the horror!

Ski Resorts are having a hard time in the Northeast because of the lack of snow and lack of cold this year.

Rumor is, the cold is in Siberia.  Sooner or later, the Arctic Oscillation will bring that cold back to North America.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright