Author Topic: DC wants federal government to solve migrant crisis as it buckles under influx  (Read 156 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DC wants federal government to solve migrant crisis as it buckles under influx
by Christine Queally, Video Producer |
 January 29, 2023 04:00 AM

Since April last year, Republican governors have bussed thousands of immigrants to Washington, D.C., and the city is still struggling to absorb the massive influx of noncitizens.

Instead of moving on to other destinations, some of the immigrants are choosing to stay in the city, raising capacity concerns for the local government that illustrate the larger issues surrounding immigration policy in the United States.

According to D.C. Council Chairman Phil Mendelson (D), the city has had to accommodate a large number of immigrants in a short period of time without any existing infrastructure to assist them.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/videos/dc-wants-federal-government-to-solve-migrant-crisis-as-it-buckles-under-influx
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If congress would simply solve the "global warming" crisis, they would solve the immigration crisis at the same time.  PLUS, they would solve the energy crisis, would correct the electricity grid, and the military recruiting crisis! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson