Author Topic: AMERICAN SPECIAL OPERATORS WILL SOON ADD A NEW HANDHELD MISSILE TO THEIR ARSENAL  (Read 84 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AMERICAN SPECIAL OPERATORS WILL SOON ADD A NEW HANDHELD MISSILE TO THEIR ARSENAL
Steve Balestrieri | January 26, 2023

American special operator will soon receive a new handheld loitering munition that can also act as a recoverable surveillance drone, it was announced on Thursday. The munition, dubbed the ROC-X, was developed by state-owned Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI).

According to a press release, the Israeli company, signed a multi-year, multi-million dollar contract with the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), Irregular Warfare Technical Support Directorate (IWTSD), to deliver the ROC-X, a version of the company’s Point Blank system, that makes small tactical teams more lethal and survivable.

The IWTSD is responsible for acquiring new weapons for the Army, particularly for special operations forces missions.

The system looks like a miniature X-wing fighter from Star Wars while in flight. It can land vertically back in the soldier’s hand after a mission. It weighs about 15 lbs and is about three feet long and can fly at altitudes above 1,500 ft. It has a maximum speed of 178 mph and can hover or loiter in the air while the target and its position are being confirmed.

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/american-special-operators-will-soon-add-a-new-handheld-missile-to-their-arsenal/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson