Author Topic: Billions In Taxpayer Subsidies Hide The Enormous Costs Of Renewables  (Read 242 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY ALAN MORAN ON JAN 26, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Billions In Taxpayer Subsidies Hide The Enormous Costs Of Renewables

solar farm australiaAustralian governments have made energy policies focused on achieving higher shares of renewable energy that they claim is the cheapest source of power.

The Commonwealth government is planning for renewables to reach 82 percent of supply by 2030, while the Liberal Party’s plan is for 85 percent by 2050 and 61 percent by 2030. State governments have additional plans. [emphasis, links added]

In pursuit of these goals, governments around Australia are being sucked into a vortex requiring ever-increasing controls, while seeing mounting cost increases.

Subsidies that amount to $6.9 billion per year have propelled wind and solar, which had virtually no market presence 20 years ago, to their current market share of 27 percent.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/billions-in-taxpayer-subsidies-hide-the-enormous-costs-of-renewables/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MajorClay

Re: Billions In Taxpayer Subsidies Hide The Enormous Costs Of Renewables
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 05:23:13 pm »
 :amen:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 07:02:48 pm »
They are only going to achieve those high 'supply' numbers be drastically decreasing the demand.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 07:05:42 pm »
They are only going to achieve those high 'supply' numbers be drastically decreasing the demand.
...whether people want electricity or not.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis