Author Topic: Vermont border apprehensions in first 3 months of fiscal 2023 surpassed past two years combined  (Read 156 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Vermont border apprehensions in first 3 months of fiscal 2023 surpassed past two years combined
From Oct. 1 to Dec. 31, 2022, Swanton Sector border agents saw a 743% increase in apprehensions and encounters .

By The Center Square Staff
By Bethany Blankley
Updated: January 28, 2023 - 6:25am

Border Patrol agents in the Swanton Sector, which includes all of Vermont, in the first three months of fiscal 2023 apprehended more foreign nationals entering the country illegally than they did in the past two fiscal years combined, according to sector chief Robert Garcia.

The sector leads the northern border in illicit border crossings, whose agents continue to see a record number of foreign nationals illegally entering upstate New York, Vermont and New Hampshire after flying to Canada from at least 19 countries.

From Oct. 1 to Dec. 31, 2022, Swanton Sector agents saw a 743% increase in apprehensions and encounters compared to the same period last year, Garcia said. Combined

https://justthenews.com/nation/states/center-square/vermont-border-patrol-apprehensions-first-3-months-fiscal-2023
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson