Author Topic: AOC Gunning for Vice Ranking Member on House Oversight Committee  (Read 273 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
AOC Gunning for Vice Ranking Member on House Oversight Committee

Wendell Husebø 27 Jan 2023

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) is gunning to be the vice ranking member on the House Oversight Committee, which would presumably place her second in line to become the ranking member or chairwoman if Democrats retake the House in 2024.

The “vice ranking member” position was first created in 2017 to elevate junior members the Democrat Party wants to take on a more public role. Ocasio-Cortez’s appointment to the position would indicate a greater infiltration by the populist left into the establishment.

Assigned positions on the committee are not yet finalized. The Democrat leadership is reportedly negotiating toward a final roster of assignments on Monday before the first full Oversight Committee hearing Wednesday.

“There’s been conversations, but nothing’s been finalized,” Ocasio-Cortez told Politico regarding the position. “I think I’m going to have a lot of fun on this committee.” She added:

Of course, [Republicans are] going to be calling hearings on horrible things, but our job is to protect the people and protect the vulnerable communities that they seek to attack. It gives us an opportunity and a platform to de-legitimize a lot of the disinformation that they’ve been advancing.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/01/27/aoc-gunning-for-vice-ranking-member-on-house-oversight-committee/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: AOC Gunning for Vice Ranking Member on House Oversight Committee
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 11:18:01 pm »
I almost hope she gets it,just for the laughs and other entertainment factors.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 12:31:54 am »
I almost hope she gets it,just for the laughs and other entertainment factors.
Maybe she thinks  she will get to rank vices... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 12:32:49 am »
"gunning" is a violence word.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2023, 02:18:25 am »
Maybe she thinks  she will get to rank vices... :shrug:

@Smokin Joe

I don't know if I should laugh or cry as I agree with that.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!