Author Topic: Gang task force disbanded as MS-13 strikes again outside Washington  (Read 322 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Gang task force disbanded as MS-13 strikes again outside Washington
Story by Anna Giaritelli • Yesterday 6:14 PM

Agang task force group in northern Virginia that targeted MS-13, the largest gang in the area, was shuttered at the start of the year, leaving a potentially dangerous void in its absence.

The Northern Virginia Regional Gang Task Force’s most recent executive director, Jay Lanham, told the Washington Examiner on Thursday that the 20-year task force had been suddenly disbanded Jan. 1, a dissolution he blamed on anti-police sentiment.

“The task force dissolved as of January 1,” Lanham wrote in an email. “Certainly I'm disappointed, but I also understand the challenges facing law enforcement these days, especially with staffing. With the demonizing of law enforcement over the last few years, agencies are struggling with hiring and filling voids with those who have retired or left. And funding has always been a struggle.”

There was no formal announcement, Lanham said, after the task force's steering committee chose to dissolve it in 2022. The steering committee comprised more than a dozen county and city law enforcement representatives from northern Virginia.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/gang-task-force-disbanded-as-ms-13-strikes-again-outside-washington/ar-AA16Ms0y?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=3d7e9b83d6af453987f23d66465f236a
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Gang task force disbanded as MS-13 strikes again outside Washington
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 12:05:24 am »
I still don't understand why the rest of Virginia doesn't kick NoVA out. Make them another state by eviction.

(Never know, it might start a trend).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 12:51:31 am »
There was no formal announcement, Lanham said, after the task force's steering committee chose to dissolve it in 2022.

No announcement and not input from the citizens who pay for it...... and the media says.......   9999hair out0000

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 12:34:43 am »
I still don't understand why the rest of Virginia doesn't kick NoVA out. Make them another state by eviction.

(Never know, it might start a trend).

They could put Arlington back into the original DC square, and then throw in Fairfax, Viena, Falls Church, Alexandria, and perhaps Loudon as freebies.