Author Topic: Republican National Committee Elects Chair & Other Officials Live Thread  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Republican National Committee Elects Chair & Other Officials Live Thread
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2023, 12:41:25 am »
Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11

Been having conversations all morning with RNC members. Some of them truly don’t care what their voters think

One said:

“I don’t give a flying flip what the small donors think. They are not voting today.”

1:21 PM · Jan 27, 2023

But this guy got there by the votes from the state convention, from votes of the district convention, the county convention, and precinct convention. They did vote him to represent them, and I hope they don't ever vote for him again.

Maybe other states do it different, but Iowa does it that way.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2023, 12:55:10 am »
But this guy got there by the votes from the state convention, from votes of the district convention, the county convention, and precinct convention.

They voted for him because of the support he received from the RNC.

They did vote him to represent them, and I hope they don't ever vote for him again.

They will vote for him again because of the support he will receive from the RNC.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2023, 02:00:52 am »
@Hoodat

Only if you are a  pre-teen.

To the rest of us,it is called "negotiating",and every adult in America does it on one level or another practically every day.

@sneakypete
   Most in the RNC wanted to offer up McCarthy, warts and all, and NOT negotiate.
   Thankfully the Conservatives had a REAL solution to the problem at hand.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2023, 02:11:20 am »
   @sneakypete
   Most in the RNC wanted to offer up McCarthy, warts and all, and NOT negotiate.
   Thankfully the Conservatives had a REAL solution to the problem at hand.

@corbe

To be honest,chemo brain has been causing me so many problems the last year or so that I basically got to the point where I avoid responding to complex posts where people are screaming bloody murder at each other over what APPEAR to be typical political "Yeah,YO MAMA!" statements.

Some things are just so basic to human nature it seems like you could easily waste all your time arguing over teeny,tiny,technical bullbush.

I am CLEARLY not the sharpest knife in the drawer these days,but at THIS point it is all posturing and bullBush anyhow. Nothing is going to change or shakeout until after the next Presidential election,and even that is going to be a collossal fart in the wind if Trump isn't elected to stir things up.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-