Author Topic: Man who killed 8 on New York bike path on Halloween convicted of murder and terrorism  (Read 145 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Man who killed 8 on New York bike path on Halloween convicted of murder and terrorism
Story by Zachary Folk • Yesterday 3:59 PM

The man who killed eight people on a New York City bike path in 2017 was found guilty on federal charges for murder and terrorism.

Sayfullo Saipov, 34, was convicted by a jury for the violent attack conducted with a rented U-Haul truck on Halloween day.

Saipov was found guilty on all 28 charges against him, including murder, attempted murder, and providing material support for terrorism. Nine of the charges carry a possibility of the death penalty.

Prosecutors argued that Saipov, an immigrant from Uzbekistan, carried out the attack in an attempt to join the Islamic State.

‘Right after the attack, he proudly declared why he did it,’ Assistant US Attorney Alexander Li argued. ‘He did it for ISIS, the brutal terrorist organization.’

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-who-killed-8-on-new-york-bike-path-on-halloween-convicted-of-murder-and-terrorism/ar-AA16MvBw
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson