Author Topic: Croatian immigrant from Parma Heights charged with concealing war crime in 1990′s  (Read 130 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Croatian immigrant from Parma Heights charged with concealing war crime in 1990′s

By Alec Sapolin
Published: Jan. 26, 2023 at 6:42 PM EST|Updated: 16 hours ago
PARMA HEIGHTS, Ohio (WOIO) - The United States Department of Justice (DOJ) on Thursday charged a Croatian immigrant from Parma Heights in relation to concealing a war crime during the 1990′s.

According to indictments unsealed on Jan. 26, 55-year-old Jugoslav Vidic allegedly made false statements while applying to become a permanent resident in the United States, according to a DOJ press release. Officials said he lied about his military service and involvement in politically and ethnically motivated attacks on Croatian citizens during the country’s civil war.

Vidic allegedly said he was in the Yugoslav Army from 1988 to 1989, omitting his service in the Serb Army of Krajina and his predecessors from 1991 to 1995, the release said. He immigrated to the United States in 1999 and his application for citizenship was approved in 2005.

Vidic also allegedly lied to law enforcement in 2017 about his immigration application, officials said.

Officials charged Vidic with the following crimes:

https://www.cleveland19.com/2023/01/26/croatian-immigrant-parma-heights-charged-with-concealing-war-crime-1990s/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson