Author Topic: 25 attorneys general sue Biden admin over retirement investment rule that places ‘woke’ priorities o  (Read 165 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
25 attorneys general sue Biden admin over retirement investment rule that places ‘woke’ priorities over profit
January 27, 2023 | Vivek Saxena |  Print Article

Twenty-five attorneys general from across the states have declared war on President Joe Biden’s new ESG rule.

As previously reported, last year the administration reversed a Trump-era rule that had effectively prohibited pension funds from investing retirees’ money into funds that benefit the environment but aren’t necessarily the best investment options.

The old rule had made it so that pension funds had to prioritize maximizing profit over trying to save the planet. As a result, pension funds weren’t allowed to factor in an investment’s ESG score.

According to the Corporate Finance Institute, an ESG score is a “measurement or evaluation of a given company, fund, or security’s performance with respect to Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) issues.”

It’s basically a measurement of how “woke” an investment or company is vis-a-vis taking care of the environment.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/01/27/25-attorneys-general-sue-biden-admin-over-retirement-investment-rule-that-places-woke-priorities-over-profit-1328115/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Good. This ESG nonsense is already making industrial capital more difficult to obtain.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Good. This ESG nonsense is already making industrial capital more difficult to obtain.

I hope I live long enough to see Black Rock's Fink doing 10-20 for fraud.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.