Author Topic: Congressional Democrats push back on new Biden immigration policies  (Read 109 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Congressional Democrats push back on new Biden immigration policies
Samantha-Jo Roth, Washington Examiner 19 hrs ago View Comments

A group of more than 70 Democrats in the House and Senate sent President Joe Biden a letter Thursday urging him to reconsider policies restricting asylum access for migrants crossing the southern border.

The Biden administration announced this month that it would limit asylum claims at the southern border and expand its use of Title 42, a pandemic-era policy initially put in place by the Trump administration that enabled officials to turn away asylum-seekers in the name of public health.

In addition to limiting access to asylum for more migrants, at the same time, the Biden administration created 30,000 slots a month for a sponsor-based humanitarian parole program for migrants from Haiti, Nicaragua, Cuba, and Venezuela.

https://gazette.com/news/us-world/congressional-democrats-push-back-on-new-biden-immigration-policies/article_50a97f33-2b21-5737-89bd-7b6f603f5efe.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson