Author Topic: Report: Democrat Opposed to House China Committee Serves on Non-Profit Sharing Staff with Alleged Ch  (Read 124 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Report: Democrat Opposed to House China Committee Serves on Non-Profit Sharing Staff with Alleged Chinese Front Groups
Rep. Judy Chu, D-Calif., left, and Rep. Adrian Smith, R-Neb., right, members of the House Ways and Means Committee, testify as the House Rules Committee prepares the Presidential Tax Filing and Audit Transparency Act of 2022 for a floor vote, at the Capitol in Washington, Wednesday, Dec. 21, 2022. The …AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite
JACOB BLISS26 Jan 2023Washington, DC114

Democrat Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), who voted against the creation of the House committee to investigate China, is reportedly the “honorary president” of the non-profit that shared staff with alleged front groups from a Chinese intelligence service.

The Daily Caller reported that Chu, whose Chinese name is Zhao Meixin, joined the All America Chinese Youth Federation (AACYF), a 501(c)(3) non-profit, in 2012 and is listed on the group’s website as the “honorary president.”

The Caller determined that there had been four people — Chi Honghu, Florence Fang, Zhu Bingfeng, and Ren Xiangdong — who have been in various leadership positions with the non-profit since the congresswoman has been involved. And these individuals have been intertwined with various other organizations that allegedly work as “Chinese front groups” for a Chinese government agency, United Front Work Department (UFWD).

Government agencies, legislative bodies, and other groups have considered UFWD to be the “central organ” of the Chinese Communist Party’s (CCP) influence efforts around the world and “in concert with Chinese intelligence operatives,” the Caller acknowledged.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/01/26/report-democrat-opposed-houses-china-committee-serves-non-profit-sharing-staff-alleged-chinese-front-groups/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
OK,anybody surprised by this,or even anyone who thinks this being made public is going to hurt her re-election chancdes?

I am old enough to remember when this sort of thing was known as "treason" and was a crime punishable by death.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!