Author Topic: Families demand answers: 2 beating deaths at separate NJ nursing homes  (Read 345 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Two 91-year-old New Jersey residents died within a day of each other, both after being violently struck by other residents at separate nursing home facilities in Central Jersey.

Clara Sutkowski died on Jan. 19, three days after her family said she was struck in the head by a fellow 81-year-old resident at AristaCare at Cedar Oaks in South Plainfield.

Herman Walker died the following day, according to TapInto, after his family said he was attacked two weeks earlier in his bed by a roommate at Complete Care in Westfield.

https://nj1015.com/2-brutal-beating-deaths-nj-nursing-home-seniors-herman-walker-clara-sutkowski-westfield-south-plainfield/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Families demand answers: 2 beating deaths at separate NJ nursing homes
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 12:37:40 pm »
This one is hard…how to take care of people with dementia.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Families demand answers: 2 beating deaths at separate NJ nursing homes
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023, 01:15:37 pm »
This one is hard…how to take care of people with dementia.

Spot on.  I personally know of 3 instances of this happening to or by people I had known for years.

My best friends mother was thrown out of her chair twice by a male patient in an elderly care center.

My dad took a swing at my sister when suffering an episode.  It was directly related to drug interaction from his prescription medications prescribed from 3 different Doctors who were treating him.  My sister gathered up all his meds (over 15 if I recall)and dropped them on his GP desk for review.   After ditching 8 or nine Dad was back to being Dad.

My Wife's uncle, an Alzheimer suffer was thrown out of 2 care centers for violent behavior.   The man was the most even tempered and kind man I had ever known before that insidious disease took him over.

When my time comes I just want to die at home.  Too bad you never can tell what cards life will deal you.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.