Author Topic: Should Nations Stop Using Fossil Fuels? (Part II)  (Read 208 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Should Nations Stop Using Fossil Fuels? (Part II)
« on: January 27, 2023, 12:18:19 pm »
Should Nations Stop Using Fossil Fuels? (Part II)
By Julián Salazar Velásquez -- January 25, 2023
Ed. note: Julián Salazar Velásquez, geologist and petroleum engineer with a mulit-decade career in the Mexican and Venezuelan oil industries, is a leading educator and proponent of free market energy. He is author of numerous articles and Gerencia Integrada de Campos de Hidrocarburos” (2020), a primer on the oil industry value chain. His four-part world view began yesterday and continues in Part III, and Part IV.

Part II: Hydrocarbons: Curse or Blessing?

The anti-fossil-fuel crusade by environmental groups has attracted financing from Russia (Figure 3) to reduce competition from oil and gas in areas of Europe, Canada and the US, as reported in 2017 in National Review by Austin Yack. His investigation showed that in 2012, an attempt was made to grant Chevron a license in Bulgaria to explore and produce shale gas. However, due to protests from environmentalists alleging aquifer contamination, the Bulgarian government relented and banned fracking. Russia then awarded Bulgaria a contract to supply natural gas at a 20 percent discount.

A similar experience occurred in Romania in 2013 where fracking had to be banned due to environmental protests. These actions consolidated the energy dependence of the European Union on imported Russian gas, delivered through a network of gas pipelines that supply fuel to the entire European continent.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/01/26/should-nations-stop-using-fossil-fuels-part-ii/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Should Nations Stop Using Fossil Fuels? (Part II)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 03:08:11 pm »
YES!

We should get all our gas from Unicorn farts.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023, 03:15:02 pm »
As a stock holder, I should thank Pedo Joe daily.  He has made an admitted essential product rare and valuable. 

If he thinks he can create a world running on wind turbines and solar panels, he needs to quit sniffing algores' crotch. It can't and won't happen.  That technology doesn't exist, and it won't for at least ours and our children's lifetime. I still think hydrogen fusion breakthroughs are at  least 50-150 years in the future on a practical basis. 

As a patriot OTOH, safe, affordable energy is essential to our survival as a country, and as a society. The sooner we realize the softer the crash will be.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2023, 03:37:47 pm »
Should Nations Stop Using Fossil Fuels? - Nope.

God blessed our nation with ubundant natural resources.  We should develop them to increase prosperity and improve the standard of living.  We should also use technological and scientific advances to mitigate long-term environmental damage.

Natural gas was supposed to be an acceptable bridge fuel from coal, oil, nuclear to renewables, but the Greens have declared war on methane.  The Greens have also moved to criminalize chemical fertilizers that help feed the world.  It seems their end game is the destruction of Western civilization and society.

The greatest beneficiaries of the West's suicidal energy policies are India and China.  The colonized become the colonizers.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright