Author Topic: British Sports Star Refuses to Fly to Australia Over Climate Concerns  (Read 137 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
British Sports Star Refuses to Fly to Australia Over Climate Concerns

6 hours ago Eric Worrall 31 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

Is the increasing climate activist shunning of Australia a blessing or a curse?

Star teenage British athlete won’t fly to Australia over climate concerns

By Rob Harris
January 26, 2023 — 8.27am

Runner Innes FitzGerald, 16, is a rising star in UK athletics, having set a national under-17 record for 3000m and finished fourth in the 4000m race at the under-20s European Cross Country Championships in Turin last month against athletes three years older.

The teenager, whom the British press has dubbed the “Greta Thunberg of sport”, wrote to the sport’s governing body this week to say she was not available for selection because she could not in good conscience make the trip to the championships in Bathurst, NSW, in February.

“To have the opportunity to compete for Great Britain in Australia is a privilege,” she wrote. “When I started running, the prospect of me competing in the World Cross Country Championships would have seemed merely a dream. However, the reality of the travel fills me with deep concern.

“I was just nine when the COP21 Paris Climate agreement was signed. Now, eight years on, and global emissions have been steadily increasing, sending us on a path to climate catastrophe.”

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/01/26/british-sports-star-refuses-to-fly-to-australia-over-climate-concerns/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: British Sports Star Refuses to Fly to Australia Over Climate Concerns
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 12:12:47 pm »
Odd!?  The "global warming elite" who just met at Davos to talk about handling "global warming" didn't seem to have any problem with flying in on their private jets, yet she does.  I'll bet even Greta Thunberg travels by jet. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson