Author Topic: US raid in Somalia kills senior Islamic State figure: US official  (Read 130 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US raid in Somalia kills senior Islamic State figure: US official

The New Arab Staff & Agencies
27 January, 2023

Bilal al-Sudani, the regional leader for the Islamic State group in Somalia, was killed during a gunfight after US troops descended on a mountainous cave complex in a northern part of the country hoping to capture him.

Around 10 members of the Islamic State group were also killed in the US raid in northern Somalia [Getty]

A US military raid in Somalia ordered by President Joe Biden killed a key regional leader of the Islamic State group, Bilal al-Sudani, US officials said Thursday.

Sudani was killed during a gunfight after US troops descended on a mountainous cave complex in northern Somalia hoping to capture him, according to US officials.

Around 10 of Sudani's IS associates at the scene were killed, but there were no American casualties, the officials said.

https://www.newarab.com/news/somalia-us-raid-kills-senior-islamic-state-figure-official
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson