46-60
10 (30.3%)
61-75
21 (63.6%)
76+
1 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: February 06, 2023, 03:04:40 pm

Author Topic: Age Groups of TBR Postera  (Read 5449 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Age Groups of TBR Postera
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2023, 10:51:32 pm »
HA! Yes I have!

As an aside, the universe seems to be nudging me toward Royal Crown for some reason... I haven't even thought of it in three decades, and all of a sudden I am getting prompts out of the blue... including yours.  happy77

The Royal Crown (RC) Cola Company is today owned by Cadbury Schweppes, which purchased the beverage company in 2000 and it ain't the same!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2023, 10:57:44 pm »
The Royal Crown (RC) Cola Company is today owned by Cadbury Schweppes, which purchased the beverage company in 2000 and it ain't the same!

It's just weird to me that it is suddenly being thrust into  my consciousness. And I don't know why...

Another... remember all the different flavors of Shasta? Have not had any shastaa (except maybe root beer) in a very long time. It might be worth a wander back through that, if not for me, then for the grands, who will certainly find it to be weird.  :laugh:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2023, 11:58:15 pm »
"

Diet Rite is still the best diet cola out there... Zero Sugar, Zero Caffeine, Zero Salt and tastes good.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2023, 12:04:53 am »
"

Diet Rite is still the best diet cola out there... Zero Sugar, Zero Caffeine, Zero Salt and tastes good.

I actually don't find any cola tastes good... I mean, let it go flat and try to drink it... It actually tastes awful.

Sweet tea... now that tastes good.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2023, 12:13:47 am »
YEP. I Remember BOTH. But careful with nostalgia @berdie ...

One of my fondest memories is sitting on the sidewalk outside my uncle's general store in small town Kansas... Sucking on a Yoohoo and eating a moon pie in the early evening on a hot summer day.

I was determined, last time I was there, to recreate that halcyon moment, and there I sat again, with the singular exception that I had two moon pies, since, by my reckoning, they have shrunk that much...

To say it was disappointing would be an understatement.  It seemed ten times too sweet for these old taste buds to process. I did it anyway, and got a belly ache out of it, even though I left off after the first moon pie.

Sometimes that golden moment is best left in memory.  happy77

You can still buy Yoo Hoo. I think it’s based on an egg cream
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2023, 12:16:01 am »
I remember drinking Tab Diet cola in HS and college.

And Jolt Cola for studying all night.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2023, 12:33:46 am »
"

I liked the white grape Diet Rite, but haven't seen it in a store in quite awhile.  But my favorite diet soda hands down is Diet 7Up.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2023, 12:36:27 am »
You can still buy Yoo Hoo. I think it’s based on an egg cream

Every now and then Yoohoo shows up up in here... I don't know why, but whenever it shows up, I always  buy some.

Another of those is Hileman's Old Style beer - A staple blue collar beer back east (or should I say midwest, Chicago), but exceedingly rare out here. I know it sounds dumb to get all excited about such a mundane beer, but I have many a good time to recall drinking Hileman's with my uncles and my friends on trips back east. Something like baseball on the radio - weirdly attractive to me since it was so common back there, and absolutely absent out here. So it positively reeks with nostalgia for me - Even more perhaps than actually attending a game, as the radio was the common form.

As to the egg cream... I have naught to compare it to except maybe a proper malted, as I have never had the pleasure...  :shrug:

Offline berdie

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2023, 01:11:28 am »
This one goes out to you, @berdie

And you know that you're over the hill
When your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill.

That made me lol, @Hoodat I had forgot about that Little Feat. lol. So true.

Offline berdie

« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2023, 01:18:14 am »
YEP. I Remember BOTH. But careful with nostalgia @berdie ...

One of my fondest memories is sitting on the sidewalk outside my uncle's general store in small town Kansas... Sucking on a Yoohoo and eating a moon pie in the early evening on a hot summer day.

I was determined, last time I was there, to recreate that halcyon moment, and there I sat again, with the singular exception that I had two moon pies, since, by my reckoning, they have shrunk that much...

To say it was disappointing would be an understatement.  It seemed ten times too sweet for these old taste buds to process. I did it anyway, and got a belly ache out of it, even though I left off after the first moon pie.

Sometimes that golden moment is best left in memory.  happy77

I can't argue with that @roamer_1  The times I have tried to recapture a memory, it is some what disappointing. :laugh:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2023, 02:56:19 am »
It's just weird to me that it is suddenly being thrust into  my consciousness. And I don't know why...

Another... remember all the different flavors of Shasta? Have not had any shastaa (except maybe root beer) in a very long time. It might be worth a wander back through that, if not for me, then for the grands, who will certainly find it to be weird.  :laugh:
Yep! If you were in a large store, you could assemble a 24 can case with only a couple of the same flavor
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2023, 03:06:41 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2023, 02:54:16 pm »
This one goes out to you, @berdie

And you know that you're over the hill
When your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill.

@Ahhhh,Little Feat!

The death of Lowell George was a national tragedy.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2023, 03:22:12 am »
I actually don't find any cola tastes good... I mean, let it go flat and try to drink it... It actually tastes awful.

Sweet tea... now that tastes good.
Really?

I really can't tell much of a difference between a flat soda/pop/whatever and a sweet tea. The sugar/syrup taste just overwhelms everything.

But a nice unsweetened iced tea, now that's refreshment.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online roamer_1

« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2023, 03:30:00 am »
Really?

I really can't tell much of a difference between a flat soda/pop/whatever and a sweet tea. The sugar/syrup taste just overwhelms everything.

Different strokes  :shrug:

I make my own sweet tea, and it ain't got no where near the sugar in it that soda does.
And I like it fine.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2023, 12:19:23 pm »
I'm with you on that, young fella! Never was a fan of sweetened tea.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org