Author Topic: Biden admin issues 20-year mining ban as it turns to foreign supply chain amid green energy push  (Read 465 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 26, 2023 5:53pm EST
Biden admin issues 20-year mining ban as it turns to foreign supply chain amid green energy push
Decision 'short-sighted, foolish and completely unscientific,' House Natural Resources Committee chair says

By Thomas Catenacci | Fox News

The Biden administration announced Thursday that it would complete a 20-year withdrawal of 225,504 acres in a northern Minnesota forest area that is home to some of the largest domestic critical mineral reserves.

The action announced by the Department of the Interior (DOI) effectively prohibits mining activity from taking place in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness in Duluth, Minnesota, and surrounding area for the next two decades. The agency said it took the action in an effort to protect the local environment and watershed, which environmentalists worried would be contaminated by mining activity.

"The Department of the Interior takes seriously our obligations to steward public lands and waters on behalf of all Americans. Protecting a place like Boundary Waters is key to supporting the health of the watershed and its surrounding wildlife, upholding our Tribal trust and treaty responsibilities, and boosting the local recreation economy," DOI Secretary Deb Haaland said in a statement.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-issues-20-year-mining-ban-turns-foreign-supply-chain-amid-green-energy-push
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Global Reset campaign for planned genocide continues. Eliminate hydrocarbons, block anything that may replace them.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

They don't even care how irrational their policies are:
... However, Twin Metals' mining project contained about 88% of the nation's cobalt reserves in addition to vast copper, nickel and platinum-group elements. Such critical minerals are vital for various green energy technologies like electric vehicle batteries, battery storage facilities, solar panels and wind turbines, which the Biden administration has aggressively pushed.  ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline andy58-in-nh

When unelected bureaucrats can destroy entire industries by administrative edict, one no longer lives in a free country.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
When unelected bureaucrats can destroy entire industries by administrative edict, one no longer lives in a free country.

:amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

They don't even care how irrational their policies are:
I believe that most of the insane, destructive, inexplicable directives coming from Biden and his staff are being issued by China. Biden is an idiot fool who is just doing what he is told.

The reason his policies make no sense at all, is because they don't have to and are not supposed to make sense. It is all about the destruction of America as a nation. Everything Biden/China has done since his first day has been all about that goal. And it is working.

Our economy is weakened. Our emergency oil reserve is empty. All of our warfare arms are in Ukraine. Biden is right on schedule. He is right where his masters want him to be.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I believe that most of the insane, destructive, inexplicable directives coming from Biden and his staff are being issued by China. Biden is an idiot fool who is just doing what he is told.

The reason his policies make no sense at all, is because they don't have to and are not supposed to make sense. It is all about the destruction of America as a nation. Everything Biden/China has done since his first day has been all about that goal. And it is working.

Our economy is weakened. Our emergency oil reserve is empty. All of our warfare arms are in Ukraine. Biden is right on schedule. He is right where his masters want him to be.

I think you are exactly right @240B COVID was just the forst salvo.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I think you are exactly right @240B COVID was just the forst salvo.
If Biden is NOT working for the Chinese, then he should be.
Everything which has happened under Biden, is EXACTLY what any Chinese General or Intelligence operative would have done as U.S. President.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If Biden is NOT working for the Chinese, then he should be.
Everything which has happened under Biden, is EXACTLY what any Chinese General or Intelligence operative would have done as U.S. President.
He is working for the Chinese. He damned sure isn't working for Americans.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis