Author Topic: Cotton: ‘A Lot of Documents’ ‘Are Badly Overclassified’ and FBI Shouldn’t Be ‘Enforcement Arm’ of Le  (Read 248 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cotton: ‘A Lot of Documents’ ‘Are Badly Overclassified’ and FBI Shouldn’t Be ‘Enforcement Arm’ of Lefty ‘Librarians at the National Archives’

Ian Hanchett 26 Jan 2023

On Wednesday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “America Reports,” Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) said there are “a lot of documents that are badly overclassified,” and the FBI shouldn’t have acted as “the enforcement arm of a bunch of left-wing librarians at the National Archives” with former President Donald Trump.

Cotton stated, [relevant remarks begin around 8:30] “I can tell you as a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, I see a lot of documents that are badly overclassified, sometimes I point them out to intelligence officials and say, this document’s classified but I’m having trouble finding a single clandestine secret in this document, could you point it out to me? Now that said, it doesn’t mean that all documents are overclassified. Our government has some extraordinarily sensitive secrets and information and they should be handled with care. What we [shouldn’t have] had is the FBI becoming the enforcement arm of a bunch of left-wing librarians at the National Archives as opposed to dealing with President Trump exactly the way they dealt with President Biden, the way they’ve dealt with past presidents, which is working in a cooperative fashion to make sure there’s been no endangerment to our national security whenever you have mishandling of classified documents.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/01/26/cotton-a-lot-of-documents-are-badly-overclassified-and-fbi-shouldnt-be-enforcement-arm-of-lefty-librarians-at-the-national-archives/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline BellyAche

I think that I read somewhere that news clippings compiled by staff members are marked "classified." ?????? Someone has to re-assess this marking no doubt!
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
RINO 'WOKE' COTTON said all that?  Who'd a thought.
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline DefiantMassRINO

A lot of political leaders and their staffs are badly thoughtless and careless.

If it's marked "CLASSIFIED", it's not supposed to leave an officially designated secure area, PERIOD.

Peons lose their jobs and careers over much smaller infractions with "CLASSIFIED" information.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Cotton: ‘A Lot of Documents’ ‘Are Badly Overclassified’

True or not that is totally irrelevant to the current situation Senator!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien