Author Topic: Lawyer: Virginia School Admins Warned 3 Times the Day Boy Shot Teacher  (Read 165 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Lawyer: Virginia School Admins Warned 3 Times the Day Boy Shot Teacher
The shooting raised questions over security at the school and stunned Newport News, Virginia
By Denise Lavoie • Published January 25, 2023 • Updated on January 25, 2023 at 4:25 pm

0:31/ 2:25

Concerned teachers and employees at Richneck Elementary School warned administrators three times about a boy’s troubling behavior before he shot a teacher, a lawyer for the teacher says.

Concerned teachers and employees warned administrators at a Virginia elementary school three times that a 6-year-old boy had a gun and was threatening other students in the hours before he shot and wounded a teacher, “but the administration could not be bothered,” a lawyer for the teacher said Wednesday.

Diane Toscano, an attorney for Abigail Zwerner, said during a news conference that she has notified the Newport News School Board that the 25-year-old teacher at Richneck Elementary School plans to sue the school district over the Jan. 6 shooting, which left Zwerner with serious injuries.

“On that day, over the course of a few hours, three different times — three times — school administration was warned by concerned teachers and employees that the boy had a gun on him at the school and was threatening people. But the administration could not be bothered,” Toscano said.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/lawyer-school-admins-warned-3-times-the-day-boy-shot-teacher-in-virginia/3263184/
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline verga

Re: Lawyer: Virginia School Admins Warned 3 Times the Day Boy Shot Teacher
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 11:27:39 am »
I'm sorry, but the fact that they never acted on this blows my mind. 15 years ago my school had a threat of a student bringing a gun to school. The administrators waited for him to get of the bus, but he slipped by them.
They began a "quiet search" (No announcement to prevent panic). When the bell rang they realized he was in my rom. The School Resource officer and one of the Admin team came down to my room and removed the student with no fuss or muss. His backpack was searched. They realized it was an empty threat, but the student was not allowed in the building again.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.