Author Topic: NYS pols demand Biden admin answer for migrant surge in upstate town  (Read 216 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYS pols demand Biden admin answer for migrant surge in upstate town
By Bernadette Hogan and Katherine Donlevy
January 26, 2023 6:32am  Updated

Two top Republican congresswomen from New York are demanding that the Biden administration answer questions about secretly transporting migrants across the US — after dozens of Colombian immigrants recently arrived in the small upstate community of Watertown.

“We write following reports that your administration is actively settling migrants in Upstate New York communities,” upstate Reps. Claudia Tenney and Elise Stefanik — the number three Republican in the US House of Representatives — wrote in a Wednesday letter obtained by The Post.

GOP Congressmen Nick Langworthy, Michael Lawler and Marc Molinaro also signed the message.

The lawmakers cited a shocking Post report that over 30 migrants have been living in the city of Jamestown, located in rural Chautauqua County, since late last year.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/26/reps-tenney-stefanik-demand-biden-answer-for-ny-migrant-surge/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: NYS pols demand Biden admin answer for migrant surge in upstate town
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 12:11:44 pm »
They may as well demand answers from the Abominable Snowman! :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: NYS pols demand Biden admin answer for migrant surge in upstate town
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 10:24:38 pm »
Speaking about the abominable snowman, wait until these Columbians get a good taste of Watertown winter. That (and a bus ticket south) may be all the persuasion they need to move on to somewhere else...