Author Topic: European Union Approves Cricket Powder As Component Of Flour-Based Foods Despite ‘Inconclusive’ Alle  (Read 152 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
European Union Approves Cricket Powder As Component Of Flour-Based Foods Despite ‘Inconclusive’ Allergy Data
By  Ben Zeisloft

Jan 23, 2023   DailyWire.com

Cricket powder insect for eating as food items made of cooked insect meat in bowl and wood spoon on white background it is good source of protein edible for future. Entomophagy concept.

A statute allowing food producers to incorporate cricket powder into flour-based products will go into effect on Tuesday in the European Union.

The decision follows a review launched three years ago by the European Food Safety Authority regarding the use of partially defatted house cricket powder; the agency found that mass market consumption of the material is “safe under the proposed conditions” of use levels.

Cricket powder will now be permitted in a number of food products, such as multigrain bread, crackers, cereal bars, biscuits, beer-like beverages, chocolates, sauces, whey powder, soups, and other items “intended for the general population,” according to the new regulation. Cricket One, a company that asserts that the insects are “nutritionally more efficient” and serve as a more reliable “source of alternative protein” than livestock, submitted the original application.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/european-union-approves-cricket-powder-as-component-of-flour-based-foods-despite-inconclusive-allergy-data?%3Futm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dwnewstwitter
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Note to self:  never buy any food from Europe! :3:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson