Author Topic: Researchers Propose Compulsory Climate Change Teaching in Core Law Curriculum  (Read 171 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Researchers Propose Compulsory Climate Change Teaching in Core Law Curriculum
21 hours ago Charles Rotter 57 Comments
[I wonder if this includes bird law ~cr]

For immediate release: Tuesday 24 January 2023

DURHAM UNIVERSITY

Academics from Durham University are urging that climate change education should be made compulsory across the core law curriculum in Higher Education.

The researchers evaluated students’ engagement and their broader views concerning climate change education by integrating climate change and environmental law into the core curriculum at the University of Exeter, a Russell Group University.

The results showed that law students want to study climate law and the climate context of law as part of their core curriculum.

Students also said that climate change education should be compulsory and taught across the programme.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/01/25/researchers-propose-compulsory-climate-change-teaching-in-core-law-curriculum/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
You're aware, I hope, researchers in medicine have stopped using laboratory rats in their experiments!  They're using lawyers now.  There are more of them and you don't get nearly as attached. 22222frying pan
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson