Author Topic: Does the Oil Industry Have a Future? (Part I)  (Read 242 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Does the Oil Industry Have a Future? (Part I)
« on: January 25, 2023, 11:47:56 am »
Does the Oil Industry Have a Future? (Part I)
By Julián Salazar Velásquez -- January 24, 2023

Ed. note: Julián Salazar Velásquez is a geologist and petroleum engineer with a nearly 50-year career in the Mexican and Venezuelan oil industries. A leading educator and proponent of free market energy, he is author of numerous articles and Gerencia Integrada de Campos de Hidrocarburos (2020), a primer on the oil industry value chain. His four-part world view starts today and continues this week in Part II, Part III, and Part IV.

The current depiction of the oil and gas industry is not only incorrect but worrying. In the more than two years that I have been educating at conferences, in courses, in articles, and in my book—I have seen how unsound dogma threatens progress and prosperity in our countries.

Background

In December 2021 in Petroleum Magazine, I published “Energy Transition or Transgression? What to do in the face of the global campaign against the oil industry with the political threats of anti-fracking and global warming?”

I gave a talk on the article at the Venezuelan American Petroleum Association (VAPA), Venamerica, and “Colegio de Ingenieros de Venezuela—Monagas” (CIV-MONAGAS). The conference title–“The two great current threats to the oil industry: anti-fracking and global warming”–refers to legal prohibitions based on unfounded catastrophic environmental impacts.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/01/24/does-the-oil-industry-have-a-future-part-i/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Does the Oil Industry Have a Future? (Part I)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 10:46:55 pm »
OF COURSE it has "a future".

"Fishrrman's law of energy resources":
Any and all energy resources will eventually be used when needed.
The only variable is how badly the need becomes to extract and use them.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Does the Oil Industry Have a Future? (Part I)
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 11:20:43 pm »
Love when the left and the greenies write us off so easily.

When 10's of thousands die on the highway or in their homes due to inefficent, unstorable green energy boondoggles.......

Things have a way of leveling  off to sanity, and I hope it is in the form of imprisonment of the enviro-whackos who took us off a cliff.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.