Author Topic: Patrick J. Buchanan, Christian Gentleman, Hangs Up His Pen  (Read 375 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Patrick J. Buchanan, Christian Gentleman, Hangs Up His Pen
« on: January 26, 2023, 12:19:01 am »
https://www.unz.com/article/patrick-j-buchanan-christian-gentleman-hangs-up-his-pen/

Last Friday, January 20, brought the sad news that Patrick Joseph Francis Buchanan—universally known as “Pat”—had decided to end his column. From any standpoint, Buchanan must be judged one of the most important newspaper columnists in American history. As I put it on Twitter as soon as I heard the news, “Just saw the notice of Pat Buchanan retiring from his column. Pat’s column was always a model of clarity, civility, courage, and conviction. It was a great gift to America and a great inspiration to me.”

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Idiot

Re: Patrick J. Buchanan, Christian Gentleman, Hangs Up His Pen
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 12:37:52 am »
https://www.unz.com/article/patrick-j-buchanan-christian-gentleman-hangs-up-his-pen/

Last Friday, January 20, brought the sad news that Patrick Joseph Francis Buchanan—universally known as “Pat”—had decided to end his column. From any standpoint, Buchanan must be judged one of the most important newspaper columnists in American history. As I put it on Twitter as soon as I heard the news, “Just saw the notice of Pat Buchanan retiring from his column. Pat’s column was always a model of clarity, civility, courage, and conviction. It was a great gift to America and a great inspiration to me.”

(excerpt)
Who was the guy that Buchanan would debate on Crossfire?  I saw them both at the RNC in Dallas. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 01:56:25 am »
Who was the guy that Buchanan would debate on Crossfire?  I saw them both at the RNC in Dallas.
I think maybe Bill Press is the person you're thinking of?

Either him or Tom Braden, though Braden left fairly early on.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2023, 02:30:40 am »
I think maybe Bill Press is the person you're thinking of?

Either him or Tom Braden, though Braden left fairly early on.
Tom Braden is the one.  Thank you!