Author Topic: Quarterhorse, the Air Force’s Next Hypersonic Aircraft, Has Taken an Epic Leap  (Read 163 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Quarterhorse, the Air Force’s Next Hypersonic Aircraft, Has Taken an Epic Leap
Story by Darren Orf • 2h ago

Hypersonic flight (speeds faster than Mach 5) is the perceived future of human aviation.
In order to achieve that vision, engineers need to develop hybrid engines capable of handling subsonic, supersonic, and hypersonic speeds.

Aviation company Hermeus successfully demonstrated mode transition between turbojet and ramjet engines for the Air Force’s Quarterhorse hypersonic aircraft, a major hypersonic flight milestone.

GoodNites Diapering at Walmart - Save On GoodNites Diapering
Few planes ignite the awe-inspiring passions of aviation nerds quite like the SR-71 Blackbird. From its stealthy design to its secretive history, the Blackbird simply screams cool—and it also helps that it’s the fastest air-breathing (a.k.a. “not a rocket”) crewed aircraft in human history.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/quarterhorse-the-air-force-s-next-hypersonic-aircraft-has-taken-an-epic-leap/ar-AA16Ju9b?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=9bdeeef8f541422ba5e97a9ecee2e907
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The real trick is to have an airframe that can survive Mach 5 and be stable enough at low speeds to land.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis