Author Topic: Senate GOP pours cold water on idea of impeaching Biden  (Read 3180 times)

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: Senate GOP pours cold water on idea of impeaching Biden
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2023, 04:30:08 pm »
What violence has Biden inflicted upon the US Constitution?

Did he summon a violent mob to Washington, DC, interfere with a Constitutional Congressional proceeding on January 6th, 2021?  Oh, wait, that was the other guy who inflicted violence upon the US Constitution.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2023, 04:30:41 pm »
Failed Impeachments may satisfy the poltical bloodlust for revenge that attracts media ratings and campaign dollars, but they do not move the Conservative agenda forward.

Well, that is where I am at...revenge!

I am tired of seeing all these Dems getting away with all the crimes they have committed...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2023, 04:31:14 pm »
How does upholding one's oath to the constitution possibly do violence to it?  That makes no sense at all.

Because if the public perceives that you're simply using it as political weapon then it will increase their cynicism about it.

• Technical
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2023, 04:32:48 pm »

I am tired of seeing all these Dems getting away with all the crimes they have committed...

Pretty piss poor revenge then.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2023, 04:33:18 pm »
How will ignoring corruption and malfeasance improve anything?
I am not after revenge, I want the swamp drained and continually refusing to hold criminals responsible does nothing.

A 222-213 Impeachment and 52-48 acquittal is going to drain the swamp?

It will only embolden them, and give Big Tech / MSM fodder to further brain wash the Sheeple that the GOP House Majority was only out for revenge in the first place.  Like in '95/'96 this will fail miserably and back fire.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2023, 04:36:38 pm »
Winning and success are the best revenge.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

• Technical
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2023, 04:42:54 pm »
Winning and success are the best revenge.

:thumbsup:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2023, 04:44:19 pm »
What violence has Biden inflicted upon the US Constitution?

The list would be much shorter if you asked what violence he, and his "justice" department has not done.

Did he summon a violent mob to Washington, DC, interfere with a Constitutional Congressional proceeding on January 6th, 2021?  Oh, wait, that was the other guy who inflicted violence upon the US Constitution.

No! He did not do any such thing.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 04:45:25 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2023, 04:46:47 pm »
If the beef is with DOJ, that's what House Oversight and Appropriations are for.

GOP House has the ability and opportunity to hold Executive accountable for failing the American people.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2023, 04:49:50 pm »
Clinton used his impeachment to his advantage in the '96 election.  And that was the turning point in this country, when we knew morality meant nothing in electing a POTUS.
It was the turning point, when the Media could present the exact same charges (perjury and Obstruction of Justice) that Nixon would have faced over Watergate as "just about sex".

Treason, however, is another matter, and I have little doubt that enough digging about pay-to-play and classified material would lead all the way to China.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2023, 04:49:54 pm »
I've made my position clear and that does it for me on this matter.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2023, 04:54:25 pm »
If the beef is with DOJ, that's what House Oversight and Appropriations are for.

GOP House has the ability and opportunity to hold Executive accountable for failing the American people.

My beef is with anyone who fails to uphold his oath of office 100% of the time. Nothing more or less than that.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2023, 04:54:41 pm »
I've made my position clear and that does it for me on this matter.

@Bigun
Fair dinkum.  Same probably goes for the rest.  At any rate, thanks for the spirited trading of ideas and thoughts!  Cheers!  :beer:

• Technical
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2023, 04:55:26 pm »
@Bigun
Fair dinkum.  Same probably goes for the rest.  At any rate, thanks for the spirited trading of ideas and thoughts!  Cheers!  :beer:

Indeed. We can debate without resorting to personal attacks like so much of the internet these days.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2023, 04:56:26 pm »

Ok, but what sort of a revenge is it if the actions taken merely strengthen the person they were intended to punish?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2023, 04:57:39 pm »
@Bigun

Right back atcha!  :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2023, 04:59:47 pm »

Treason, however, is another matter, and I have little doubt that enough digging about pay-to-play and classified material would lead all the way to China.

Chinese elite have paid some $31 million to Hunter and the Bidens

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2023, 11:04:35 pm »
It might not be a feel-good sentiment, but since there are clearly not enough votes in the Senate to convict Biden on an impeachment, the most likely result would be a failed impeachment that simply ended up ratifying Biden's actions.

@Kamaji

Yup!

Don't forget that the left flat OWNS the media,and spin machines would be working/ 7 to make it look like a vendetta,and chances are the R's would actually lose seats.

NEVER underestimate the influence that the media has on Steve and Susis Sixpack.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2023, 11:05:32 pm »
@Kamaji

Yup!

Don't forget that the left flat OWNS the media,and spin machines would be working/ 7 to make it look like a vendetta,and chances are the R's would actually lose seats.

NEVER underestimate the influence that the media has on Steve and Susis Sixpack.

:thumbsup: