Author Topic: GOP Senator Announces 'PELOSI' Act and While It Doesn't Mention Nancy, It'll Surely Infuriate Her  (Read 112 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
GOP Senator Announces 'PELOSI' Act and While It Doesn't Mention Nancy, It'll Surely Infuriate Her
Ryan Ledendecker, The Western Journal   By Ryan Ledendecker, The Western Journal
Published January 24, 2023 at 3:55pm

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi probably won’t be fond of the legislation that Republican Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri is cooking up.

As Pelosi and other members of Congress are rightfully criticized and questioned about their seemingly flawless ability to execute successful stock trades, Hawley recently revived an effort to enact strict controls over the investments made by members of Congress.

While he didn’t mention Pelosi specifically, it’s clear by the name of his cleverly worded proposal, the “Preventing Elected Leaders from Owning Securities and Investments (PELOSI) Act,” that the former Democratic speaker inspired it.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/gop-senator-announces-pelosi-act-doesnt-mention-nancy-itll-surely-infuriate
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson