Author Topic: ‘Our Family’s Sick’: Why Hunter Biden Lied About Paying $50k Monthly Rent  (Read 394 times)

Offline corbe

‘Our Family’s Sick’: Why Hunter Biden Lied About Paying $50k Monthly Rent

The true story of how Hunter Biden botched a family mission in California

Joseph Simonson and Andrew Kerr
January 25, 2023

Amid the brouhaha over President Joe Biden’s improper retention of classified documents and concerns that his son, Hunter Biden, had access to them, a 2018 form on which Hunter Biden claims to have spent nearly $50,000 a month on rent surfaced from the presidential son’s abandoned laptop.

On it, Hunter Biden lists his father’s Wilmington house as his address, raising questions about whether he was using rent payments to pass money to his father. The money, $49,910, was actually a reference to rental payment for a Washington, D.C., office space used by Hunter Biden. But the story of the document is more absurd, involving Biden family favor trading, scorned relatives, and an ultimately failed effort to get Hunter Biden’s troubled cousin a new probation officer.

The Washington Free Beacon traced the origin of the document to an attachment in a July 27, 2018, email from Hunter Biden to a luxury apartment complex in Los Angeles. The background check document was part of a rental application, and—though his communications with the building’s property manager indicated the apartment would be for him—text messages and emails on Hunter Biden’s laptop reveal it was in fact for his down-on-her-luck cousin, Caroline Biden, the daughter of Joe Biden’s brother Jim and his wife, Sara.

The president’s niece pleaded guilty in 2017 to buying more than $100,000 worth of makeup with a stolen credit card. While she managed to skirt a grand larceny charge and the prison sentence it carried, she was sentenced to two years of probation—time she wanted to serve in Los Angeles.

She texted Hunter Biden on July 26, 2018, from a New York City probation office, telling him she urgently needed a California address so her lawyer could transfer her probation there.

<..snip..>

https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/our-familys-sick-why-hunter-biden-lied-about-paying-50k-rent/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

The president’s niece pleaded guilty in 2017 to buying more than $100,000 worth of makeup with a stolen credit card. While she managed to skirt a grand larceny charge and the prison sentence it carried, she was sentenced to two years of probation—time she wanted to serve in Los Angeles.

Wow.  The taint has affected multiple generations in this family.  What a tragedy.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
...to buying more than $100,000 worth of makeup...

Sweet Lord, wouldn't surgery have been cheaper?

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Sweet Lord, wouldn't surgery have been cheaper?

That is a lot of makeup, but makeup is quite expensive, as I can attest to, being the father of a now-adult daughter.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The president’s niece pleaded guilty in 2017 to buying more than $100,000 worth of makeup with a stolen credit card.

DAYUM!

I was thinking there HAD to be a limit to "fugly",but I guess I was wrong.

This is the sort of thing that happens when you have multiple generations of people that for all practical purposes,are royalty.

The world exists to please THEM.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That is a lot of makeup, but makeup is quite expensive, as I can attest to, being the father of a now-adult daughter.
I guess the market for adrenochrome has gone up... 888mouth
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

I guess the market for adrenochrome has gone up... 888mouth

Maybe it has; I wouldn't know; we're talking regular makeup here.  It ain't cheap.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Washington Free Beacon by  Joseph Simonson and Andrew Kerr 1/25/2023

Amid the brouhaha over President Joe Biden’s improper retention of classified documents and concerns that his son, Hunter Biden, had access to them, a 2018 form on which Hunter Biden claims to have spent nearly $50,000 a month on rent surfaced from the presidential son’s abandoned laptop.

On it, Hunter Biden lists his father’s Wilmington house as his address, raising questions about whether he was using rent payments to pass money to his father. The money, $49,910, was actually a reference to rental payment for a Washington, D.C., office space used by Hunter Biden. But the story of the document is more absurd, involving Biden family favor trading, scorned relatives, and an ultimately failed effort to get Hunter Biden’s troubled cousin a new probation officer.

The Washington Free Beacon traced the origin of the document to an attachment in a July 27, 2018, email from Hunter Biden to a luxury apartment complex in Los Angeles. The background check document was part of a rental application, and—though his communications with the building’s property manager indicated the apartment would be for him—text messages and emails on Hunter Biden’s laptop reveal it was in fact for his down-on-her-luck cousin, Caroline Biden, the daughter of Joe Biden’s brother Jim and his wife, Sara.

She texted Hunter Biden on July 26, 2018, from a New York City probation office, telling him she urgently needed a California address so her lawyer could transfer her probation there.

More: https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/our-familys-sick-why-hunter-biden-lied-about-paying-50k-rent/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Who do these people think they are,Kennedy's?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!