Author Topic: Promotions, ribbons established for Army recruiting referrals  (Read 95 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Promotions, ribbons established for Army recruiting referrals
« on: January 25, 2023, 03:41:36 pm »
Promotions, ribbons established for Army recruiting referrals
By Davis Winkie
 Jan 24, 04:04 PM

An Army-produced graphic advertises the accelerated promotions available through the Soldier Referral Program pilot. (Lara Poirrier/Army)

The Army announced a new recruiting referral program Monday afternoon aimed to inspire soldiers to refer friends and family in return for ribbons and accelerated promotions.

The Soldier Referral Program pilot comes in the wake of a recruiting slump that saw the Army end fiscal 2022 at an estimated 20,000 troops under its authorized end strength.

The service’s top leaders — Army Secretary Christine Wormuth, Chief of Staff Gen. James McConville and Sergeant Major of the Army Michael Grinston — explained that the pilot was “driven by Soldier suggestions” in a joint letter to the force published Monday. Army Times reported the service’s plan to establish the ribbon on Jan. 11.

Soldiers become eligible for referral incentives when they refer applicants who successfully enlist and ship to initial military training. Applicants are eligible for referral regardless of whether they’ve previously served in the military, Army personnel directorate spokesperson Lt. Col. Joseph Payton told Army Times via phone.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2023/01/24/promotions-ribbons-established-for-army-recruiting-referrals/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Promotions, ribbons established for Army recruiting referrals
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 03:45:02 pm »
GREAT!!  I'm still concerned about what on the inside of the military is causing it to take such extreme measures, though.  I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn't recommend to any family or friends going into this woke military the way it exists today! :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson