Author Topic: Rod Dreher: Elementary Classrooms As Revolutionary Cells  (Read 212 times)

Offline Kamaji

Rod Dreher: Elementary Classrooms As Revolutionary Cells
« on: January 24, 2023, 04:51:35 pm »
Elementary Classrooms As Revolutionary Cells

Black Lives Matter coloring book is but one example of how radicalized educators are conquering the minds of captive children

Rod Dreher
Jan 24, 2023

A friend suggested to me in a letter yesterday that for my own mental and spiritual health, I need to stop writing about the culture war. I suspect he's probably right, but on the other hand, there is so much that is going on that ordinary people who aren't plugged into this stuff don't see, and aren't aware of, because our media ignore it. It feels like trying to push a pile of leaves uphill, writing about this stuff, but if people like me aren't yelling about it, the bad guys are going to win. The question for me, personally, is figuring out the point when I, myself, have done all I can do. I remember back in the early 2000s, when I was writing angrily and frequently about the sex abuse scandal in the Catholic Church, some Catholic friends who shared my point of view nevertheless warned me that if I didn't pace myself I was going to lose my faith. They were right, in the end, but I can't say that I wish I had stepped away from the story. I only wish that I had had a stronger spiritual grounding from which to carry on the fight.

I'm in far, far better shape on that front today, but I still don't want to take anything for granted.

One of the absolutely vital voices documenting this evil sweeping our culture is Wesley Yang, on his must-read newsletter Year Zero. In today's post, Yang writes about the cultural revolution taking place in some American elementary schools. Excerpts:

I don’t know how many schools use the Black Lives Matter Coloring Book, but it is in wide circulation in both public and private schools across America.

This video tweeted by the Washington DC Chancellor of Schools, which chronicles the journey of the district he leads to becoming a “whole-child, anti-racist school district” shows its pages posted on the wall of an elementary school classroom.

https://twitter.com/DCPSChancellor/status/1616176070197133325

I watched the video. These people are absolutely propagandizing little children captive in the classroom. Yang shows a page from the Black Lives Matter coloring book, captured by a parent of a child in a Chicago school:

Source:  https://www.theamericanconservative.com/elementary-classrooms-as-revolutionary-cells/